No sound. Says headphones are plugged but they arent

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Mikeyfabs, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Mikeyfabs macrumors member

i hard restarted and still says the same thing. Any ideas?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Try plugging headphones in and unplugging them. Try cleaning out the headphone jack.

3. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Have you tried other headphones to determine the one's your currently using are not defective?

4. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

he's not having an issue with the headphones, but with the iphone jack. try what C DM said, above, should do it...

5. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I understood that. It was a suggestive option to the OP, being I experienced the same issue on my previous iPhone. To which, indeed, WAS my headphones.

6. Mikeyfabs thread starter macrumors member

Been busy at work all day. It just started to work again magically. Maybe it has to do with the software update. Going to install pb 5 now

7. hlfway2anywhere macrumors 65816

this usually isn't a software problem, to be honest. as an ex-apple employee i used to see this all the time with things like pocket lint and dirt in the headphone jack. the solution is generally a paper clip or some type of small pointy object to jostle out the unwanted debris.

8. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

read the post title... he's having a problem when the headphones are not plugged in... so it can't be the headphones. as several others have pointed out, most likely just an issue with the headphone jack..

9. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Get a long pin and have a poke about. It's amazing what you find in there. I found large pieces of pocket fluff.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere