No Sprint rumors?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brudog68, Feb 23, 2011.

1. brudog68 macrumors 6502

Shouldn't we be hearing some/more rumors about the iphone and Sprint by now? Someone at least make some up for me,lol

2. JoeG4 macrumors 68030

JoeG4

Steve Jobs didn't like that Dan Hasse wanted to sell it as the EVO iPhone 4G. :D

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

4. stephensays macrumors member

5. brudog68 thread starter macrumors 6502

We likey our Sprint round here...except for those who prefer to light a match to $60 extra per month:D

6. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

Thank god there are no Sprint rumors - I had enough after 3 years on Verizon rumors. I understand some people like Sprint, due to the prices and maybe coverage is good for them. But I pay $77 for my Verizon service monthly, and Sprint (with the plan I would need, and because they don't offer a discount for my employer) would cost me $84 a month.

7. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

Why not? The more carriers to get the iPhone the better it's going to be for us the consumers. With that said I don't think Sprint will get the iPhone for the fact that Att uses GSM and is moving to LTE like most of the world. Verizon uses CDMA but they too are going LTE with their 4G. Sprint 4G is WiMax theres not going to be a lot of carriers around the world using that. I think T-Mobile is going to get the iPhone next in the US. All Apple has to do is add T- Mobile 1900MHz frequency band

8. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

No Sprint rumors out yet. I'd consider jumping carriers if possible. Otherwise, hold tight.

9. gr8whtd0pe macrumors 6502a

gr8whtd0pe

Sprint is barely available in my area. It's a joke.

10. stev3n macrumors 6502

I don't think the iPhone will be available on Sprint.

11. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Never gonna happen. Not in the near future at least.

12. stephensays macrumors member

True, but now that Apple has the most popular smart phone on the two biggest networks, I see them focusing their efforts between the two carriers rather than trying to expand out to "lesser" ones. Verizon and AT&T practically cover the entire US- and where one may not hold a strong signal, the other one does. I don't see Apple moving to a smaller network and reach a more limited amount of people when those people could move to the bigger networks if they REALLY want the iPhone. If they don't because of budget pricing provided by Sprint and T-Mobile, that's their prerogative and obviously don't want the iPhone THAT bad...

13. brudog68 thread starter macrumors 6502

I think Apple has plenty of focus and effort to expend to go to "lesser" networks...granted I have no clue as to the reasoning as to why they wouldn't...however what advantage could Apple possibly have by staying with only ATT and VZW, especially now? I mean grabbing another huge chuck of marketshare via Sprint and/or Tmo could mean nothing but more $ for Apple...

Think about it...Right now Apple is the only phone mfgr that has a full product line from phone-tablet-laptop-desktop etc etc...the more new customers they bring in with the iPhone, the more converts they possibly gain to purchase more of the product line under one roof.

With the small exception of RIM having BB and the new Playbook...all other hardware is made by numerous mfgrs.

If Sprint was strong in your area and had the phone you wanted, would you seriously prefer to pay more per month for the same if not a more restricted plan just to say you were a VZ or ATT customer?

Come on now

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Never say never.
    They could sell the same CDMA Verizon iphone to Sprint at any moment if they strike a deal.
    I think Verizon will hold the CDMA exclusivity for about 6 months and the next iphone 5 could be released to both Verizon and Sprint in the summer.
    Maybe even Tmobile, looks like Apple is making the extra steps to expand their reach and why shouldnt they.
    Its all profit in the end.

15. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Here is a Sprint rumor?

No iPhone 4 on Sprint :eek:

16. samwise macrumors regular

I thought that the Qualcomm chip in the Verizon iPhone already covered the T-Mobile USA band - if so, its just a matter of Apple and T-Mob agreeing terms, and then Apple adjusting iOS to allow use of that frequency, surely?

17. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

NO....the Verizon iPhone is CDMA Tmobile would need a GSM version

18. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

:eek: @ some of you guys for still feeling that your better because the iPhone is on your carrier.

Again, why does it matter so much to some of you that the iPhone might possibly go to another carrier. How does it negatively effect your life? The iPhone should be on every carrier.

Yes, some rumors about T-Mobile and Sprint would be nice.

19. profets macrumors 68040

No, like samwise said, the current Verizon iPhone 4 uses the Qualcomm MDM6600 chip which has support for GSM/HSPA/CDMA, including the HSPA bands that both AT&T and T-mobile use. Some antenna and software tweaking (along with sim card slot) is all thats needed to have a single iPhone that would work on all carriers in the US.

Heck, the current CDMA iPhone could work on Sprint, its just a matter of them making a deal with them. In other countries Apple pushes to have it on as many carriers as possible, I'm sure they'd love to do the same in the US, otherwise they wouldn't have gone through all the work to create a CDMA version.