Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

No Steve Ballmer Appearance at WWDC Keynote

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

In a tweet from Microsoft's official Twitter account, the company has denied a claim that CEO Steve Ballmer would be speaking at the keynote for Apple's Worldwide Developer Conference (WWDC) on June 7th.
Steve Ballmer not speaking at Apple Dev Conf. Nor appearing on Dancing with the Stars. Nor riding in the Belmont. Just FYI.
Ballmer had been rumored by Wall Street analyst Trip Chowdhry to be making an appearance at WWDC to announce support for iPhone OS and Mac OS X development in Microsoft's Visual Studio 2010.

Chowdhry's claim, however, centers around the Visual Studio 2010 announcement, with the appearance by Ballmer to deliver the news as an apparently less-certain rumor. While Microsoft's denial regarding Ballmer leaves open the possibility that another Microsoft executive could make such an announcement during the seven-minute block reportedly set aside, the development would still certainly come as a significant surprise.

Article Link: No Steve Ballmer Appearance at WWDC Keynote

B

Black Macbook

Well, there goes that rumor!
:D

Who are these so-called "analysts" by the way? And what makes them any different than any random person who is posting here? They get paid, regardless if they're right or wrong, while people here don't get paid to make bad predictions or silly assumptions.

Those so-called "analysts" are often wrong and they often get their predictions completely 100% wrong! I don't trust them for crap!

Comment

jamesryanbell

macrumors 68020
Mar 17, 2009
That's pretty much what I thought would happen........

......but it would've been super cool. :)

Comment

Mebsat

macrumors regular
May 19, 2003
Florida
Semantics Semantics Semantics

This clearly leaves open the possibility he will be ridden in the Belmont Stakes.

Anyone know Ballmer's Lasix status?

Comment

SatyMahajan

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2009
Cambridge, MA
Well, there goes that rumor!
:D

Who are these so-called "analysts" by the way? And what makes them any different than any random person who is posting here? They get paid, regardless if they're right or wrong, while people here don't get paid to make bad predictions or silly assumptions.

Those so-called "analysts" are often wrong and they often get their predictions completely 100% wrong! I don't trust them for crap!

Analysts get paid. That's the major difference.

Comment

WvB22

macrumors member
Apr 19, 2010
Damn that could have been so much fun. Steve & Steve, you could fill a comedy with these two guys.

Comment

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
So. When he was rumored to do WWDC everything was ubercool and now that he's not he goes back to being a jerk ?

Funny stuff.

? Where is someone saying positive things about Ballmer when he was rumored to be going to WWDC and saying negative things about him now? I can't find that...

Comment

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
I still don't understand why Apple would let microsoft build Visual Studio 2010 to create:

* OSX applications
* iPhone applications

iPhone development requires OSX at the moment, and having this on other platforms will reduce sales - a halo effect for developers. The only reason I can think of is competition from Android and other OSes, where development is windows. Still, it still seems bone headed decision to allow OSX / iPhone development on non OSX machines.

Comment

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
? Where is someone saying positive things about Ballmer when he was rumored to be going to WWDC and saying negative things about him now? I can't find that...

Let's see, very positive in deed, from the rumor thread. =)

I would pay to see Steve Ballmer bow down and kiss Steve Jobs' feet.

Ballmer should also do his monkey dance and say "I am not worthy!"

=)

Um, isn't this one of the signs of the apocalypse?

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.