No to Facebook integration iOS 6

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by knapp40, Sep 11, 2012.

1. knapp40 macrumors newbie

I am sorry if this is already posted somewhere else, but I don't want Facebook integration in iOS 6. Just like I don't want the useless NewsStand app on iOS 5. I know that some people look forward to one or both of those features, I just wish that we could delete that content if we don't want it in iOS...
    I don't want to jailbreak my iOS devices either.
    I gave up on Facebook over a year ago and haven't regretted it one bit. However I know that some people also want it in iOS. So I am wondering why Apple just doesn't make it a 3rd party app and you can just download it later on if you want - need it?
    I am fine with it being there as long as I can delete it but if it is anything like the NewsStand app (sorry for those of you who use it) I find it a waste of space on the Menu display and memory of the device.

Does anyone else not want Facebook?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

3. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I don't use Facebook.

Nor do I want to see it's breadcrumbs on an Apple product.

4. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

I know some do not want integration, but I absolutely want and look forward to it. Bottom line is you do not have to login via the integration mode problem solved!

5. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Duh?

6. knapp40 thread starter macrumors newbie

I know I don't have to use it... I just don't want it there. At. All.

7. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

Well it is a done deal so what you want is irrelevant.

8. knapp40 thread starter macrumors newbie

Pretty sure that I'm the customer...and I (being we the customer) are always right.

9. ErikGrim macrumors 68030

ErikGrim

That is the most inane thing I have ever heard. Ever considered the world doesn't revolve around you? If you never touch it you never see it. FFS, some people…

10. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

LOL, not with Apple! You have already lost this battle and apparently do not realize it.

11. knapp40 thread starter macrumors newbie

I totally get that things don't revolve around me. However it is MY device and I don't want applications on it that I won't use or need.

12. ErikGrim macrumors 68030

ErikGrim

Congratulations, you just lost the human race.

13. kaniSS macrumors newbie

kaniSS

Just switch it off from the Settings and you wont even see it.

14. knapp40 thread starter macrumors newbie

What? :confused:

15. knapp40 thread starter macrumors newbie

See...thank you! Thats what I was hoping for.

16. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

Actually there is no on and off, you just don't login to Facebook. However in various places the links to send post to Facebook are still present. It will just tell you your account is not setup should you try to use it. It will be just like the current Twitter integration.

17. iarti macrumors newbie

Personally I do not want any trace of Facebook in my Mac, let alone disabling Facebook integration.

18. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

Just like the compass app, you don't have to use

19. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Well what if I want it. I must be right too

20. blunti macrumors 6502a

This isn't Walmart.

It's already a done deal so deal with it.
    No pun intended.

21. 8a22a macrumors 6502a

8a22a

That's like saying there shouldn't be any trains because you have you own car.

22. Unhyper macrumors regular

Unhyper

First of all, you're not a customer, you're a consumer.

As a consumer, your purpose is to purchase upon its release a new device with features you never missed before but now must absolutely have.

If you don't like the features and functionality of a product, don't purchase it. You don't have to upgrade to iOS 6, and you don't have to have an iPhone. Samsung is selling new phones right now that are still (stuck) using Android 2.x - buy one of those and you sure won't have to worry about integration.

Finally, whenever there's a thread where Facebook is mentioned, someone always pipes up proclaiming proudly that they don't use Facebook. What can I say? I am happy for you. You are a model citizen of this planet. You probably recycle, too. Almost makes me give a ****.

23. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

LMFAO. You wish.

Send an email to Apple's feedback team so they can have a laugh, then sell your phone/stay on iOS5 if you don't want any trace of Facebook on your phone.

Posting here isn't going to change anything. I'm willing to bet that there are a whole lot more people who want it than people who don't, and Apple would be more than happy to tell you to go buy something else. Annoying lots of people by removing the feature just to please you isn't good for business.

24. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Well, that's a bit weird. It's an optional feature, that's best for everyone and gives people choice. I think you'll just have to cope with having it in the Settings app. It's going to be tough, but we can get through this together.:D

No but really, without it enabled you won't see the "tap to post" feature in the notification centre, etc.