no weather in notification center

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by elemenoP, Sep 19, 2013.

1. elemenoP macrumors newbie

I see from screenshots that there should be a line about the weather in the notification center. My iphone doesn't have that. It's an iphone 4, if that makes any difference. Any ideas?

Thanks!
    eP

2. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

iPhone 4 doesn't have weather animations but you should be able to see the weather information in the notification centre. Have you enabled the location services for weather?

3. xXxDieselxXx macrumors member

It happened to me at first then I restarted the phone and it worked after I manually tapped on the weather icon.

It seems like it needs a manual push at first lol

4. TheRealVertical macrumors newbie

My friend and I are both having this issue as well. I have an iPod touch 5g he has an iPhone 5.

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I opened the weather app and waited for it to update. You need location services on too. It took a couple of minutes then the information was correct. I then checked in the drag down screen and the summary appears...it's text only at present though.

6. ant the ninja macrumors regular

ant the ninja

I'm missing the weather as well, at the bottom is days weather and stocks by yahoo but no weather...

7. Sandy Santra macrumors 6502

I have the same problem. Drag down, weather report text briefly appears, and then instantly vanishes. iPhone 4S. (My iPad is fine.)

More confusing, it says something about Yahoo! weather at very bottom of Notifications. That's just confusing me. Does anyone know, just for clarification, IF the iOS "native" weather app is "powered" (d'oh) by Yahoo!?

8. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

Yes the built in Weather app retrieves data from yahoo...

Have you tried restarting the device? I had to do this with my iPhone to get the weather to show up in notification center.

9. xXxDieselxXx macrumors member

That's exactly what happened to me and it worked.

Also if you tap on the weather text shown on the notification area it will open the weather app.

10. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

Now if only Apple can figure out how to add weather to lock screen

11. Hollow Man macrumors regular

All the people in here are right. Under Settings - Privacy - Location Services set Weather to on, then reboot your phone (would not work on my wife's phone until reboot was done).

-HM

12. elemenoP thread starter macrumors newbie

OP here, thanks very much! I opened the weather app and for a long time it would show the weather in the cities on my list, but not for my location (NYC). I gave up on it and later I looked at my phone and there was the weather for my location. I opened notifications and still no weather. Then I tried it again half an hour later and the weather was there.

Thanks!
    eP

13. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

I've followed every step listed here and I still have no weather info in the notification center on my iPhone 5. Would someone please list the all the steps in the exact order necessary and where those steps are located in order to get this working? I must have missed something. :confused:

I will be glad to report back my results.

14. gopnick macrumors regular

That would be a very nice feature. Apple doesn't like customizable lock screens, for obvious reasons (people make them look trashy). But yeah, good feature, and I want it.

15. jazzneel macrumors member

Literally all you have to do is go into settings, privacy, location services, go down to weather (make sure it's the iphone app weather) and turn on location services. Make sure location services is turned on as well. Make sure that background app refresh in general is on with weather turned on too.

16. elemenoP thread starter macrumors newbie

All those settings were already turned on for me. I had to go into the weather app and wait for it to get my weather for my location (which took a really long time, but I believe that was the key). Then I had to wait another long time and after that I had weather in my notifications.

eP

17. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

Yup, did all that. Still no weather in notification center. :confused:

18. Sandy Santra macrumors 6502

Apple thinks my location doesn't exist—and I live in Brooklyn, the fourth largest city in the U.S.!

The default location is found via Location Services and gives me this:

[​IMG]

If I go into the Weather app and manually enter my zip, I get this:

[​IMG]

THAT is why Notifications won't display weather for my location when I'm at home.

19. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

Im having the same issue. Location services are turned on for weather, rebooting the phone didnt help either.:confused:

20. Sandy Santra macrumors 6502

That fixed it! Thank you!

----------

looks like I spoke too soon...

I got Weather working on my iPhone, but now that I'm looking at my iPad, there doesn't even seem to be a native Weather app on the iPad.

Am I missing something here? No Weather app on the iPad?

21. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

My notification center was empty of any content! I just did a hard restart, and now it's filled with weather, calendar events, etc.

22. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

There has never been a Weather app on the iPad. You can pull up Weather through Siri, and you will get Weather the same way in NC on your iPad as you do on the iPhone. Just make sure Weather is on in Location Services there too, and give it time.

23. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Stupid question. To turn weather to ON in location services, is that the GREEN indicator? If so, I have no weather in notifications on Ipad Mini and yes I rebooted.

24. jazzneel macrumors member

Hmm.. in your notification center settings, do you have today summary checkmarked?

25. paulbennett95 macrumors 6502a

paulbennett95

I tried everything in the thread and it wouldn't work until I put today summary on.

Is there anyway to have the weather in NC from a predetermined location rather than my current one? iOS always tells me the weather for the next town over, regardless of where I am (I'm at university now, it did the same thing when I was home)