Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mmmj-

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2009
so when i first got my iphone 3G the wifi worked.
but then i turned it off cause i thought it wasted battery.
so i turned it on again, and nothing showed up.
it looks like this

2zyd89l.jpg

and my dad has an iphone too and his iphone shows the wireless network.
so yeah, can anybody help me?
i've already tried taking the sim out, restarting my iphone and resetting the network settings.
nothing works!
please heelpp.

alphatectz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2008
New York, NY
so when i first got my iphone 3G the wifi worked.
but then i turned it off cause i thought it wasted battery.
so i turned it on again, and nothing showed up.
it looks like this

2zyd89l.jpg

and my dad has an iphone too and his iphone shows the wireless network.
so yeah, can anybody help me?
i've already tried taking the sim out, restarting my iphone and resetting the network settings.
nothing works!
please heelpp.

did you try restoring from a new iphone, that should fix the problem if not go make an appointment with the genius bar.

alphatectz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2008
New York, NY
what do you mean by restoring from the new iphone?

Connect your iPhone via USB to your desktop or laptop (which ever you use) itunes should open, at the summery part you will see "check for updates, restore". Click restore, it will ask you if you would like to restore your iPhone, click restore, then it will restore once that's done. Do not disconnect your iPhone from your desktop/laptop leave it. After the restore is complete itunes will ask you if you like to restore from a back up or set your iPhone as a new phone. (click set as a new iPhone)

P.S make sure that your backed up your contacts and calander, after you set up your iPhone as "new" resync it an your contacts and calander will be back to normal.

mmmj-

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 25, 2009
i just restored it and everything and it still didn't work.

alphatectz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2008
New York, NY

alphatectz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2008
New York, NY
is it going to cost anything?

It's not going to cost you a penny, make the appointment.
The guy or girl at the genius bar will take a look at your iPhone they will run a test or two, will see the problem if it can be fixed they will do it infront of you. If it can't be fixed they will swap it for a new/refurb iPhone. (same model & same color)

jambobowron

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2009
Saaame

i have the problem sometimes.... leading to the worst of all when it didn't think my iPhone 3G had Wi-Fi... probs due to me taking it camping (not a clever plan :p) anyway i just restarted and bingo back to normal iPhone wonderfull-ness :D:D may have helped...

Attachments

• IMG_0001.PNG
    IMG_0001.PNG
    39.9 KB · Views: 76
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.