Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Same here. With an Airport Express. My iPhone 4S has stopped connecting to it. MBP still sees it and connects, but the 4S fails to connect every time.
Interesting thing tho... I took it to the Apple Store because I thought something was wrong with my AE but there it linked right up! So i'm not sure if the iPhone has some IP address in memory or some kind of a conflict with the internet at my office... Open to suggestions!

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
ok; now I try to guess far away: could it be a channel issue ? Did you might activated a different language/country setting and the iOS try on channels not configured on the Netgear ?
Or around general speed like 5 GHz vs 2.4 GHz ... just guess, not knowing.
Will also contact some other guys ... dont give up :eek:

yerodtr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
ok; now I try to guess far away: could it be a channel issue ? Did you might activated a different language/country setting and the iOS try on channels not configured on the Netgear ?
Or around general speed like 5 GHz vs 2.4 GHz ... just guess, not knowing.
Will also contact some other guys ... dont give up :eek:

I tried several different channels and also on auto.

What I am really curious about is if my iPhone 5 that I will be getting on Friday will be able to connect (since it will ship with iOS 6.0).

I will be a new kind of pissed if it doesn't.

max5peru

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2012
Peru
I have had the same issues with my iPhone 4S, iOS 6.0 GM.
After installing the new OS I found that the iPhone couldnt connect to my wifi network at home. Its curious because my iPad and iPhone were together (same place) and the iPhone couldnt go online.
What have I done? Back to iOS 5.1.1, specially after the memory crash I had yesterday..

chaosgenie

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Hi,

what helped me, was to reset the password in my router. I discovered this when I was activating my guest-access (avm fritz.box). Connecting to this net worked without any problems. So I tried to reset the wifi-password and voilá.

Perhaps this migth be helpful for anyone.

yerodtr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 11, 2012
Hi,

what helped me, was to reset the password in my router. I discovered this when I was activating my guest-access (avm fritz.box). Connecting to this net worked without any problems. So I tried to reset the wifi-password and voilá.

Perhaps this might be helpful for anyone.

Hmmm, prob not because I did hard reset the access point back to factory, so it would have lost the password that I had previously used.

dmut

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2006
ios6 can't connect to wifi

So I just downloaded and installed ios6. Can't connect to wifi now. On either my iphone 4s OR my ipad 3. Woman next to me at work who also updated cant get on either, but 2 other people who updated can. Other devices here at work can get on, so its not the wireless router. Anyone have a clue what is causing this from the update?

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
So I just downloaded and installed ios6. Can't connect to wifi now. On either my iphone 4s OR my ipad 3. Woman next to me at work who also updated cant get on either, but 2 other people who updated can. Other devices here at work can get on, so its not the wireless router. Anyone have a clue what is causing this from the update?

Im having no issues connecting to my home router after the ios6 update.

have you tried forgetting the network and re signing in ?

dmut

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2006
Yes, I did try that. And restarted the devices. Tech guy here also set up a new unsecured wireless network. Cant get onto that either. Only thing I have been able to do was set up personal hotspot on iphone and the ipad connected to it.

Not just me that cant get on, so I think it is an ios6 problem. But others can get on. So frustrating.

joonshin

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
Yes, I did try that. And restarted the devices. Tech guy here also set up a new unsecured wireless network. Cant get onto that either. Only thing I have been able to do was set up personal hotspot on iphone and the ipad connected to it.

Not just me that cant get on, so I think it is an ios6 problem. But others can get on. So frustrating.

Ok. I was freaking the f out too at home. I reset my iphone/ipad, did all the forgetting the network, etc.

What fixed it was I just reset my wireless modem.

dmut

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2006
Yeah, tried that. Tech gusy completely reset router here and even started a new unsecured network. Nothing for me and a couple of other people BUT others who did the download are ok. So really seems to be ios6

joonshin

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
Happy days.

Liking your last idevice listed in your signature too ! :D

Most def. My wife was about to murder me when I pushed her to update to ios 6 on her wifi ONLY ipad and the wifi stopped working.

Thanks man! I'm super excited probably like the rest of the 8 million ppl waiting on their new toy.

R4z3r

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2009
NJ
Yeah, tried that. Tech gusy completely reset router here and even started a new unsecured network. Nothing for me and a couple of other people BUT others who did the download are ok. So really seems to be ios6

I recommend ensuring that you have Cellular option turned off as iOS6 has the ability to use both Wi-Fi and Cellular data at the same time. This can cause it to show what is currently being used even if you are connected

joonshin

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012

I've been hearing from some that they can connect to some WIFI networks but not others.

dmut

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2006
Just tried shutting down the cellular as per advice.. still cant log on to ANY wifi networks. My next step is throwing my phone into a wall to see if that works.

EDIT: Well I did connect the ipad to the phone using wifi (personal hotspot). And I only tried one other unsecured network, but it was a wink link just randomly showing. But again, other people CAN get on this network.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Just tried shutting down the cellular as per advice.. still cant log on to ANY wifi networks. My next step is throwing my phone into a wall to see if that works.

No , throw it into a parcel and ship it to me as a present... you'll feel alot better for it !

joonshin

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012

EDIT: Well I did connect the ipad to the phone using wifi (personal hotspot). And I only tried one other unsecured network, but it was a wink link just randomly showing. But again, other people CAN get on this network.

What about resetting network settings? I know forgetting the network has been mentioned.

settings => general => reset

dmut

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2006
What about resetting network settings? I know forgetting the network has been mentioned.

settings => general => reset

Didnt work. I'm leaving work in 5 minutes. I'll try to get on some other networks and report back when I get home (or post from my phone over cellular YUCK)

jennyp

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2007
I had this as well. I just updated my iPhone 4S to iOS 6 and it wouldn't connect to my home WiFi. My iMac and my MBP can were without problems. When I tried to connect the 4S to WiFi, Safari popped up with a 404 page saying, "Hmm.. Can't find the page you're looking for." (some WAP connection or something).

Fixed it by clearing Safari's caches and history, then holding the iPhone's sleep button to power it off, waited a bit, then restarted it. Now WiFi's back! Whew!

Engender

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2007
Was having the problem, but it apparently fixed itself after 15 minutes of fretting and checking by Airport Extreme Base Station.

Specifically, I noticed there was no "Wireless" icon. I checked, and I was not connected to my Wireless network. So, I went into settings and selected the proper network, after it appeared to connect, a window would pop up that just opened to the apple.com page, with an error on the page saying "what you're looking for isn't here."

Again, it appears to have fixed itself.

c34jsm

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2012
Fixed my problem

So i got led here by google because I was having the same problem. Here's what I did:

Forgot my home network (it's only my home network causing the problem)
After a while the network stopped appearing in my "Choose a Network" list
I clicked Other.. and retyped the network name, security and password.

It worked for me. You may have think you did this already and just glance over this post, but try it again. Ya never know.:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.