Noisy Neighbors do you have them?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by toolbox, Dec 27, 2008.

1. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Hi all

So i have noisy neighbors, there always having parties or stuffing around at odd hours of the night, which normally consists of the tv up loud, one of there kids arriving home drunk from a party .They go o bed late and get up early.

I was interested to see how many fellow maccers here have noisy neights whether that been in residential area or apartment buildings and how do you get on with the noise? Has it ever gone that far you have made a noise complaint and called the cops?

For me i just roll over and i go back to sleep. How do you cope?

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Houses here are quite a distance from each other round here, but there's somebody on the field over who has about 2 loud parties a year. There's a pub (technically) next door and they're much quieter!
    I don't mind now but years back when I was in college I got annoyed because they would keep me awake and I'd be shattered in class the next day :mad:.

3. jabrowntx macrumors 6502

Noisy neighbors themselves -- no. Neighbors with noisy dogs (that I'd love to shoot), YES.

4. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Well one neighbor is an old guy and the other is my landlord, so not really.
    Although my landlords' dogs are always barking so they're annoying as ****.

5. Fiveos22 macrumors 65816

Fiveos22

Yes, from time to time. My roommate has taken to using the blunt end of a broom on the cieling to deal with the problematic "band" upstairs. There is no reason for them to practice at 2AM, especially when both my roommate and I have to get up at 4 to get to work.

That said, I am a very sound sleeper.

6. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Our place is pretty quiet, but we have a family next door with one of those stupid tiny yappy dogs. It's loud, and when it gets going, it barks for long, long periods of time.

7. toolbox thread starter macrumors 68020

toolbox

Yep we got plenty of them around in our street

8. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Just moved into a new flat with my brother and his family living above us. They're noisy. Really noisy. But I usually don't mind...except for just now, when the fire alarm (serial connected smoke detectors) went off, at 1AM because they were cooking or something...

Annoying and noisy as hell. I'm part deaf now. :p

Still better than living in an area populated mainly by students, as we did some years ago. I didn't sleep a whole night for 6 years. That was bad...

9. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Had a college-aged neighbor who liked to throw loud parties into the early hours of the morning. A few calls to the police and landlord eventually solved that problem.

10. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

Neigbours below me like to show how much they love each other, when he beats the crap out of her on regular basis at 4-6 am

Neigbours to the right of me like listening to Rap until 3-4 am with really over the top bass

Neighbours to the left have howl alongs with their two yappy dogs at till 2 am especially when they fried out of their skulls

neighbours across from me love playing Guitar Hero on really loud.

But the most disturbing neighbours are the ones across street are the loudest, 4 am parties and she is a really really loud screamer, if oyu know what I mean :p

11. yoyo5280 macrumors 68000

yoyo5280

Ahaha I remember this almost excact thread a while back...

My neighbors are pretty good. Upstairs i'm sure they have a pet elephant walking around, or a fat grandmother cause its always thumping. Downstairs they have 3 little kids who cry. fair enough.

12. cosmokanga2 macrumors 6502a

cosmokanga2

Yeah, dogs... Got to the point one day that the cops came around and warned us about a threat that was blurted once about shooting them.

13. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

how about kids that can't shut up for a second? One day i was annoyed and renamed my network to "Santa is Fake!" and about 5 or so minutes later the kid started crying :)

Those that have yappy dogs, what you do is get a tranq gun and shoot it. It would be knocked out for a few hours ;-)

14. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

That all well and good, but you have to judge their weight very well, lest you KILL them. ;)

15. toolbox thread starter macrumors 68020

toolbox

I sometimes wish i had a tranq gun. No one would make a sound lol

16. bassproguy07 macrumors 6502a

bassproguy07

do you own a pellet gun? you can buy tranq darts online I think for .177 caliber pellet guns. Just watch what poison you use and what dose haha

17. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

I live in a loft and every so often, I can hear the people next door making whoopee. It doesn't bother me, I just make sure they can hear me.

18. Kashchei macrumors 65816

Kashchei

I live underneath a Sasquatch who works the night shift at CNN. He comes home at around 2 am and stomps around for hours. At times it really sounds as though he is hurling bowling balls to the floor for some unknown reason. It is a really good thing that I'm a heavy sleeper. I only know about his strange schedule because of those horrible nights when I haven't gotten to sleep before his arrival home has kept me up for the rest of the night :mad:

19. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

apart from the barking of dogs and a family who parties once or twice a week its a pretty quiet neighborhood. so quiet you can hear the crickets creaking and the walking of night or early morning walkers. my area has mostly seniors so its super quiet

20. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

hmm, that can be a good thing. however, that can be bad cause if it starts to get stinky, someone may have fell over or something...

21. toolbox thread starter macrumors 68020

toolbox

No i don't own a pellet gun, however i have a slingshot. Which gets used regularly lol

22. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

got any good size rocks? they can be useful for when you wanna knock out the dog or the person ;-) Better yet, get a bowling ball that should keep them quiet for a little while :-D

23. thomahawk macrumors 6502a

thomahawk

medicine balls got the power to knockem out without denting their skulls with bowling balls :p just a tip

24. toolbox thread starter macrumors 68020

toolbox

Yeah got some nice ones, the stupid birds have had a few jammed up there clackers lol for making a racket

25. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

aw come on it would be fun ;-)

But, I guess you are right medicine balls would be better...I wouldn't want to intentionally "kill" someone cause that would be bad :p