Nokia Lumia 800

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LukeAdonis, May 18, 2012.

1. LukeAdonis macrumors newbie

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

No.

3. shinobi-81 macrumors 6502

Nice reference to one of the games I used to love.

I haven't tried the touchscreen iPod nano, tough.

4. DavoteK macrumors 6502

5. LukeAdonis thread starter macrumors newbie

Only difference is that iPod nano is anodized aluminum and the Lumia is crappy plastic.

6. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I have a 6th gen iPod Nano and I never saw it that way :p

7. Armeniandave macrumors 6502

Actually it's polycarbonate which is not crappy. Have you even
    held one or are you basing your "opinion" on a picture?

8. LukeAdonis thread starter macrumors newbie

I've played with one for a full day. It feels horrible.

9. soldierblue macrumors 6502

Horrible? Horrible? Horrible? Don't you think that's maybe just a tiny exagerration? I mean, it's unibody polycarbonate, it's probably got one of the better builds out there.

10. rrl, May 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2012

rrl macrumors 6502

rrl

You don't know what the **** you're talking about.

11. absynth macrumors regular

12. Widashy macrumors regular

Widashy

I used a Nokia Lumia 800 for a month. Couldn't go back to my iPhone 4. It's really fast and the build quality is on par with HTC One X. You don't know anything about build quality.

13. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I made this statement before (about the Lumia 900, but they are essentially the same thing) and got ripped into just like the OP. LOL. Glad to see I am not the only one that sees the similarities. To me they are about as similar as any tablet is to Apple. If this phone is a big hit I am interested to see if there are any ridiculous lawsuites coming from Apple's end.

14. Ping Guo macrumors 6502

Ping Guo

It's made from a single piece of polycarbonate, the stuff they use to make glass bulletproof. iPhone on the other hand can crack when dropped from standing height.

15. Ping Guo macrumors 6502

Ping Guo

That's funny, I played with a Lumia 900 and was extremely impressed... and I do love my iPhone. Windows Phone is just snappy and silky-smooth. I came away with the same feeling I had when I first used an iPhone years ago. I also realized iOS looks quite dated, and that the Windows Phone Mango GUI is arguably better.

Apple only trumps it with the Retina display.

16. Ishmumrhmn macrumors regular

I am posting this from an iPhone, so don't bash me

I've used a Windows just minutes ago, and I was IMPRESSED.
    Would I trade my iPhone for the WP7? YES!!
    The OS is smooth as butter, and it feels WAY more responsive and connected than the iPhone

17. shinobi-81 macrumors 6502

I once tried WP 6.5 on an HTC, and it sucked hard. Had I known it wouldn't even let me use English as system language without violating the EULA, I would never have bought that phone in the first place.

18. Maziar macrumors 6502

I first thought the same but after owning a Titan for 6 months,I came back to iOS.Because as smooth as WP7 looks,it has some big flaws,such as the multitasking system,notifications etc.

19. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

As someone who is still using a Titan, I don't know why you would move back to iOS because of multitasking. It's literally the exact same multitasking approach as iOS. Notifications are better on iOS, but that's only been around for a few months.

EDIT: Somewhat unrelated to the thread, but this is the sort of build quality Apple should strive for
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf1fRu9YgfE

20. JadedBen macrumors regular

lol, it's funny how when Nokia make something out of polycarbonate, it's cheap and crappy, but when when apple made MacBooks out of polycarbonate, they were modern, nice and far from cheap :D

21. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

WM 6.5 isn't even close to the same as WP7/7.5. Comparing them doesn't work - at all.

22. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Good response. Too bad the poster bad mouthing the Windows Phone does not know how to keep up with the newer versions and improvements, but relies on older OS's to make a bad point. Most OS's when they first come out have issues and that includes Apple. ;)

23. Maziar macrumors 6502

Not really.The task switcher on iOS is much better than WP version IMO.Also I forgot about the apps.The quality of apps on iOS are much better than WP7(I tested facebook,twitter,angry birds,fruit ninja etc.)
    Also the call quality was terrible on the Titan(A lot of users have this issue);furthermore,when the battery reach 20% or lower,the capacitive buttons stopped responding(sometimes).
    Overall,I prefer iOS but everyone has a different idea.

24. shinobi-81, May 20, 2012
    Last edited: May 20, 2012

shinobi-81 macrumors 6502

Are you sure? So if I buy a WM7-phone in e.g. France and it comes with French language, I may change the system language to English if I want to? You see, that was one of my major issues with WM 6.5 and I would hate to experience that again.

What makes you think I don't know how to keep up with newer versions, and why is it even relevant? WM 6.5 probably had its improvements over WM 6.1, which was better than WM 6, which was even better than WM 5, and so on. WM 7 can't be that much better than 6.5, at least I won't assume it is until I have tried it myself.

When I got my iPhone, it was before WM 7 came out, and I have no reason to even try WM again until my iPhone is worn out and I have to get a new phone anyway.