Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Nomad has opened pre-orders for leather covers for Apple's MagSafe Battery Pack, allowing customers to protect not only their $99 battery pack but also an opportunity to customize its look with two different colors.

nomad-battery-pack-cover.jpg

Apple's MagSafe Battery Pack was launched last week for $99 and is meant to provide iPhone 12 users an easy and convenient way to charge up their device on the go. Apple is only offering the battery pack in a white color, leaving accessory makers to make cases and covers that customize its look.

Nomad offers leather cases in both black and "Rustic Brown," and both colors retail for $35. The covers attach to the front of the battery pack using "microsuction tape" and "form fitting shape." Customers who pre-order the covers can save $5, and it begins shipping on November 20.

Article Link: Nomad Opens Pre-Orders for $35 Leather Cover for Apple's MagSafe Battery Pack

pauloregan

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2017
United Kingdom
All this paraphernalia puts me off upgrading my phone. It really does. I do not want to enter this world and keeping a phone that it not compatible saves me from the temptations of all these products.

Reactions: apparatchik

SeaFox

macrumors 68030
Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere Else
A cover for a battery, I can say I have seen almost everything...
I would hate for the nice leather finish on my Nomad battery pack cover to get scratched and worn from repeated removal from my pocket, rubbing on the edges, etc. I wonder if there is a cover I can get for the Nomad product to protect it. And of course, for a high-quality product like Nomad the cover would need to be made of premium materials.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
A product like this just seems so counterproductive. Apple talks about how ‘thin’ their phones are every year, and something like this is almost completely contradictory to why you’d want to carry a smart phone around with you.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tech for Kings

yabeweb

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2021
I have a new revolutionary product to sell, a screen protector for screen protector, it's "magic"!

For when you do not want your brand new just applied screen protector to be scratched.

And guess what? you can apply a screen protector to a screen protector for screen protector "BOOM".

ANDJOE

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
I think we should have leather cases for every Apple product to be honest. Apple TV, Mac Pro, HomePod are sorely missing out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.