Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JSB1540

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2015
For real. They can't get away with this. We need to all leave 1 star reviews since they royaly screwed us over.
You can also send an email to the "contact us" button on Best Buy website informing them of the fact the product is not what the pictures represent. The company should know who they are dealing with.

MarcW

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2011
Maryland/DC
I ordered a Stand and a Pod on MARCH 18 and have not heard a single thing from them. After having had enough of this mess, I sent an email this morning to cancel the Stand if it has not shipped and also cancel the Pod. I got an email back saying the Stand had shipped (looks like yesterday), with tracking number. As for the Pod, I am hoping to see a refund. Bye-bye Nomad. At one time you held so much promise....

Update: they issued the Pod refund to my PayPal account.

Last edited:
Reactions: JSB1540

HowlinAl

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2014
I'm amazed by the number of "I'm gonna give them one more day" comments over the course of this thread. This is why companies like this do what they do. Because it works.

gatorknight904

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2011
Dallas/Ft. Worth
I got the silver stand and space gray pod. Ordered on April 19th. Stand has shipped. Honestly the delay and best buy doesn't matter to me because I used a promo code and got both products for a total of $89 bucks. No way I would pay $70 plus tax for this stand in a retail store lol Just my 2 cents.

just1

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2011
France
I got the silver stand and space gray pod. Ordered on April 19th. Stand has shipped. Honestly the delay and best buy doesn't matter to me because I used a promo code and got both products for a total of $89 bucks. No way I would pay $70 plus tax for this stand in a retail store lol Just my 2 cents.

Which promo code did you use ?
Thanks

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
Has anyone's tracking number actually worked yet?

Nope. And I've had my tracking number for exactly a week now, it was emailed to me personally from a representative at Nomad. The tracking number hasn't been active this whole time. I bet you all a hundred bucks these are still in the factory.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
I'll bet that you and others are still going to give them the benefit of the doubt.
His statement is the exact opposite of giving the benefit of the doubt.

Nope. And I've had my tracking number for exactly a week now, it was emailed to me personally from a representative at Nomad. The tracking number hasn't been active this whole time. I bet you all a hundred bucks these are still in the factory.
I think you're right.

JSB1540

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2015
The tracking numbers do not exist Has anyone been able to to get any information once they enter their tracking number? I wouldn't be surprised if we all have the same number. This is such a mess of a company. They have not shipped.

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008
I know it's the 4th or 5th time I've mentioned it, but all of you need to call your credit company to report this and get a refund from your credit card company. And then if/when the Stand ever shows up at your house, do not accept delivery and have the delivery company send it back. This doesn't cost you anything and will take no longer than 3-5 minutes of your time.

Quit spinning your wheels with this fraudulent company.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
I know it's the 4th or 5th time I've mentioned it, but all of you need to call your credit company to report this and get a refund from your credit card company. And then if/when the Stand ever shows up at your house, do not accept delivery and have the delivery company send it back. This doesn't cost you anything and will take no longer than 3-5 minutes of your time.

Quit spinning your wheels with this fraudulent company.

I WANT the stand. If I didn't, I wouldn't have ordered it.

Fester1952

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2012
Adelaide, Australia

I wanted it too initially and ordered it, but after the design change which I thought made it look ugly and after thinking about the metal on metal contact and then the delivery debacle, I cancelled it, and glad I did!
I think this company's ethics leave a lot to be desired, and personally I want nothing more to do with them.
I have since cancelled my Pod order as well but only received a refund after I lodged a Paypal dispute after there was no response to my emails.

Reactions: Darkunicorn

Darkunicorn

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2015
I truly do not get HOW they are still in business. Orders are constantly being unfulfilled.

Last edited:

earthdog

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2014
I emailed to cancel Friday 5/29 and was told "too late it had shipped but I can send it back". So on Wednesday 6/3 I get a tracking email that the tracking does not work. I guess its time to pull the Amex Charge Back button. Nomad is BS!

Bryan Bowler

macrumors 601
Sep 27, 2008

Hey no worries. If you want it, then go buy one. You can get one at Best Buy right now or if you're stuck in the fiasco of those that paid up to 2.5 months ago, then you can just wait until one eventually shows up on your doorstep.

My suggestion was for those that are frustrated with everything they've been through and want nothing more to do with it. My suggestion was also for those that have written customer service to cancel their order (some have written several times) and have not heard back from Nomad for days on end. My "call your credit card company now" comments are for them.

Reactions: Fester1952

Apfpilot

macrumors regular
Mar 22, 2012
I truly do not get HOW they are still in business. Orders are constantly being unfulfilled.
because they were able to secure interest free financing to build their initial shipment for best buy where people will walk in without any knowledge of what the company has done and will buy one, and because people here want the stand so bad they are willing to be treated like dirt to get one?

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
because they were able to secure interest free financing to build their initial shipment for best buy where people will walk in without any knowledge of what the company has done and will buy one, and because people here want the stand so bad they are willing to be treated like dirt to get one?

EXACTLY. I received a tracking number that does absolutely nothing yesterday. Funny that sure doesn't seem like they shipped all the preorders by the end of May. Just like everything with them they just continue to buy themselves time by lying and releasing little bits of info!

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
Even though I'm furious with the way they handled things and I'm never doing business with them again, I'm not canceling my order simply because I got a great deal on it. Here's some math..

Best Buy Price- $70

Nomad Online Price - $59 (at time of preorder)
- 30% off discount code on day 1 of preorder ( -$17)
- 20% off after they had initial delays and I threatened to cancel my order (-$8)

Which brings my total to $34.. literally more than 50% off the retail price. Don't get me wrong, they suck more than any company I've dealt with (besides Comcast lol) but with the deal I got, I'm fine with waiting longer than I should.

Apollonian

macrumors 6502a
May 10, 2010
Even though I'm furious with the way they handled things and I'm never doing business with them again, I'm not canceling my order simply because I got a great deal on it. Here's some math..

Best Buy Price- $70

Nomad Online Price - $59 (at time of preorder)
- 30% off discount code on day 1 of preorder ( -$17)
- 20% off after they had initial delays and I threatened to cancel my order (-$8)

Which brings my total to $34.. literally more than 50% off the retail price. Don't get me wrong, they suck more than any company I've dealt with (besides Comcast lol) but with the deal I got, I'm fine with waiting longer than I should.

I bought two and with deals similar to yours I paid $39.75 per stand, the only reason I haven't cancelled my order. That being said I only got 22% off initially because they kept changing the discount codes and then I only received 15% off for not canceling. What frustrates me is that I challenged the 15% saying that others had gotten 20% and they said that they couldn't offer me that because it was below cost. That CLEARLY was yet another lie from them because you received 30 THEN 20, where I only got 22 THEN 15!! I can't believe they lied like that, I'm so fed up with this company.

It was a good price compared to retail value so it is hard to complain but it's not about the money so much as it is about the lies.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.