Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JSB1540

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2015
I am a little concerned, but with the DLC coating on the band it's pretty resistant to scratches. I rubbed the watch accidently on a cinderblock wall and the only thing damaged was the cinderblock. :D. Seriously though, I looked at my watch and there were particles where I rubbed the band on the wall, but they wiped away and there was no damage or scratches. I may get some felt to add to the stand at the contact points just to avoid hearing the sound of the metal on metal contact.

The sound will make me crazy (crazier). I might try a small bead of clear silicone on each edge, if they ever ship mine.

IllusionEntity

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2013
Kent, UK
curiosity got the best of me so i picked one up at best buy had a $20 gift certificate. any ways here is the picture of the stand with no watch like people have requested.

Such a shame they changed their design. If it were me I would kept the old design and informed sports owners that they would need to buy another cable. The stand went from nice to (IMO) straight up ugly.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Such a shame they changed their design. If it were me I would kept the old design and informed sports owners that they would need to buy another cable. The stand went from nice to (IMO) straight up ugly.

Can't agree more! Thought it was by far the best looking stand. Now I think the Spigen looks more elegant (especially if you hide the cable at the back) :)

I think they had the lot of them prefabbed, just not finished, then got the charging pucks and had an "oops" moment. :( So, they did the easiest hack that they could and carved out that opening in the top.

If they would have machined the puck opening from scratch, there's no reason they couldn't have kept the cable hidden entirely.

IllusionEntity

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2013
Kent, UK
Can't agree more! Thought it was by far the best looking stand. Now I think the Spigen looks more elegant (especially if you hide the cable at the back) :)

I think they had the lot of them prefabbed, just not finished, then got the charging pucks and had an "oops" moment. :( So, they did the easiest hack that they could and carved out that opening in the top.

If they would have machined the puck opening from scratch, there's no reason they couldn't have kept the cable hidden entirely.

A shoddy job from a shoddy company!

Reactions: JSB1540

Aluminum213

macrumors 68040
Mar 16, 2012
I picked up the Space Gray from Best Buy and cancelled my order with Nomad. They were very nice about canceling and did it very quickly.

You canceled your order from them then payed $70 for it at best buy, no wonder they were so nice and quick about it

JSB1540

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2015
After seeing these pictures I think I will cancel and go with the Twelve South. They misrepresented their product from the beginning. I will think it over another day. I ordered two, so twice the mistake.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
So no one's has shipped? I ordered two of these stands and haven't heard anything since they "started shipping" on May 21st.

JSB1540

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2015
I don't think any stands have shipped. And if it wasn't bad enough when they sent them to Best Buy before us, on Best Buy they have pictures of the first draft of the product before they made the terrible changes to the product. We were warned about this company. And the people ordering from Best Buy aren't getting true representation of the product.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
I don't think any stands have shipped. And if it wasn't bad enough when they sent them to Best Buy before us, on Best Buy they have pictures of the first draft of the product before they made the terrible changes to the product. We were warned about this company. And the people ordering from Best Buy aren't getting true representation of the product.
Yeah, I saw that on the pics of the retail packaging that Nomad only has a picture WITH the watch on, on the outside of the box, so you have no idea that the cable isn't completely hidden until you get it home.

@cmChimera Yep, they used all of the pre-order money to fund the BestBuy order. You can go get it NOW at BestBuy and pay $70 each (or keep waiting). I had cancelled beforehand, but I think most have cancelled since out of principal.

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Is anyone having a problem getting a prompt credit when they cancel?
I know a few people were initially, then a few folks got their credit card companies to reverse the charges. I think Nomad smartened up after that (the CC companies will only do that a few times - if they see a company screwing over their customers, they'll cut them off. Nomad wouldn't want to lose Visa or Amex...) :)

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010

Yeah, I saw that on the pics of the retail packaging that Nomad only has a picture WITH the watch on, on the outside of the box, so you have no idea that the cable isn't completely hidden until you get it home.

@cmChimera Yep, they used all of the pre-order money to fund the BestBuy order. You can go get it NOW at BestBuy and pay $70 each (or keep waiting). I had cancelled beforehand, but I think most have cancelled since out of principal.

This does annoy me. I still really like the stand though. So as annoyed as I am that they shipped to Best Buy before they seemingly sent anyone their pre-order, I almost don't want to cancel yet especially since it is much more expensive at Best Buy.

Smileyboy

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
I hate to admit it. But I really like the stand. I bought the Space Gray one from Best buy and used a $30 credit. Very well made. I now have a Spigen stand for sale $20 PayPal gift.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433173668.403946.jpg

Reactions: alexcue

spinboy

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
I actually like the stand (bought it at Best Buy) and my cord is well-hidden in the slot on the back. I'm just extremely pissed at how they've handled this rollout. I was charged on April 15th and have heard nothing. My request for cancellation has had no response so I guess I'll have to contest the charge on my credit card.

TwinCitiesJHawk

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
No shipment yet, no email responses after 2 emails to them over a week ago.

I called paypal, they setup a claim for me and said it'll take a week because they have to wait for nomad to reply. I then called my credit card company (Chase) and they reversed the charges right away.

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
So no one's has shipped? I ordered two of these stands and haven't heard anything since they "started shipping" on May 21st.

After being told I was in the first batch (I preordered within hours of it going live) I finally have some movement. On "01/06/15 14:29" my status reads "Item pre-advice received". I have an active order number and tracking number so they're finally moving.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
After being told I was in the first batch (I preordered within hours of it going live) I finally have some movement. On "01/06/15 14:29" my status reads "Item pre-advice received". I have an active order number and tracking number so they're finally moving.
Did you receive this info in an email?

lupend88

macrumors 6502
Jul 13, 2010
Did you receive this info in an email?

I demanded a phone call from them while threatening to cancel my order, and during my phone call they told me that tracking numbers had been created for most of the first batch orders, but they just haven't sent them out yet. I told them to email me the tracking number and CC the CEO and they did that within 10 minutes of getting off the phone. That was last Wednesday, and the tracking number said it didn't exist until this morning, which now displays the information I mentioned above.

TwinCitiesJHawk

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2009
and of course after numerous emails trying to cancel my order, I get an email stating my order has shipped. 5 mins later I get a reply saying "sorry we can not cancel your order due to it already being shipped, so please go ahead and send it back to us for a refund"

I will be refusing the package as soon as it shows up.

Fester1952

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2012
Adelaide, Australia
Is anyone having a problem getting a prompt credit when they cancel?

I cancelled my Stand and got a very prompt response and refund, but that was early in this debacle.
I cancelled my Pod order as that has been put back a month and I don't want to go through what others have been going through with their Stands. I did not get a response until I raised a Paypal dispute. That was successful. I just had a feeling the Pod will suffer the same fate as the Stand! They sure haven't done themselves any favours by selling retail first and ignoring the people that supported the project in the first place, just not the way you do business.

Thomas Anderson

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2004
Gulf Coast
and of course after numerous emails trying to cancel my order, I get an email stating my order has shipped. 5 mins later I get a reply saying "sorry we can not cancel your order due to it already being shipped, so please go ahead and send it back to us for a refund"

I will be refusing the package as soon as it shows up.

Same here, sent a very detailed and professional email about everything(delays and the whole Best Buy thing) and wanting to cancel and stating that without a quick reply I would be sending it all to AMEX for them to deal with it. Got shipping info today. I'll wait and see how it looks like once I get it in hand before making my next decision. Haven't found much else out there I like design wise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.