Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakephish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2023
Finally got my Nomad Titanium band (ordered in Dec, arrived mar 23) and I feel like this cannot be the same version that was originally reviewed. The pins holding the band together are not consistent and some have fallen out on their own and others nearly impossible to remove for adjustment. The tool to adjust the band has a pin that bends super easily against the resistant pins.

I love the look, but I have to wonder if this was rushed through production.

The magnetic clasp is really nice though.

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
Finally got my Nomad Titanium band (ordered in Dec, arrived mar 23) and I feel like this cannot be the same version that was originally reviewed. The pins holding the band together are not consistent and some have fallen out on their own and others nearly impossible to remove for adjustment. The tool to adjust the band has a pin that bends super easily against the resistant pins.

I did have the tool bend on mine, but backed it off quickly and moved to a different link. I'm used to this from other mechanical watches I've owned, some links and pin tolerances are different and cause issues. But once you get it right, and keep it on the slightly looser side, you won't have to mess with it again.

I have had mine on, since the day I got it, I have not had any pins, or anything fall out. So, maybe you are right that the quality has changed, or maybe you just got a defective product.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois

You should take pics and contact Nomad to see if they can replace the bracelet if the quality is poor. IMO for the cost of the band you should settle for no less

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
You should take pics and contact Nomad to see if they can replace the bracelet if the quality is poor. IMO for the cost of the band you should settle for no less
x2. It was too much to deal with issues. If they don’t address it, I would get a refund.

Last edited:
Reactions: BugeyeSTI

jakephish

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 24, 2023
Nomad turned out to be great. They sent me a new tool kit and new 'pins'. Some of these can be inconsistent and if you're not careful bend. I don't love this, but I ultimately got myself a nicely fitted watch now with a really good feeling link bracelet.

Would I buy this again? Not at full price. Do I like it? Yes. Is it worth $300? absolutely not.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

LVC

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2024
I purchased the Nomad Titanium and received it today. I'm not sure if I got a bad one, but trying to adjust the links was different from the experience represented in the various videos I saw before purchasing and viewed again when trying to adjust the band. It was impossible to remove the links (I ended up bending the cheap plastic pin removal tool that came with it). After 1.5 hours, I requested a refund, put the band back in its box, got my return QR code from Nomad, and dropped the box off at Staples. --- I am using the old black Apple steel band I purchased from Apple for my old 45mm 7 titanium watch. It fits and looks great, and the links have a quick-release design, so you do not need any tools. Beaten the piss out of the Apple steel band, and it is still kicking. I wish Apple would make another like it (49mm) for the Ultra.

Attachments

• ultra2blackti.jpg
    ultra2blackti.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

JT2002TJ

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2013
I purchased the Nomad Titanium and received it today. I'm not sure if I got a bad one, but trying to adjust the links was different from the experience represented in the various videos I saw before purchasing and viewed again when trying to adjust the band. It was impossible to remove the links (I ended up bending the cheap plastic pin removal tool that came with it). After 1.5 hours, I requested a refund, put the band back in its box, got my return QR code from Nomad, and dropped the box off at Staples. --- I am using the old black Apple steel band I purchased from Apple for my old 45mm 7 titanium watch. It fits and looks great, and the links have a quick-release design, so you do not need any tools. Beaten the piss out of the Apple steel band, and it is still kicking. I wish Apple would make another like it (49mm) for the Ultra.

As good of a product as the Nomad Ti band is, their tool they provide is garbage (cheap low quality). You need a good pin removal tool, or take it to your local mall to a watch kiosk/store and ask them to do it. Shouldn’t cost more than $10. It would suck to have to spend even more after the cost of the band, but you really need a quality tool.

I already had one from my mechanical watches. I learned from back then, if you get a cheap pin removal tool, you risk scratching your bracelet. This is something you don’t what to do with a high end watch, and none of them provide tools…

I think it would be better for Nomad to not even provide the tool, it gives people the false sense that it will do the job.

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
I recently got one of these with a spring sale. The quality of the bracelet is way higher, in my opinion, than any of the cheaper titanium ones.

Yes, the adjustment tool it comes with is garbage, but the band is excellent. Having 1/2 and 3/4 links makes the sizing awesome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.