iPad Pro non-Apple, non-Audible Audiobooks & my iPadPro11

blackxacto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
I can no longer sync my library of audiobooks (Non-Apple, non-Audible) on to my iPadPro11. In Catalina, Apple moved my library to way down inside a library container. I go to sync my books from my iMac Books App to my iPadPro11, non of my library sync. Only audiobooks from Apple iCloud show. I'm using a high speed cable plugged into the back of the iMac.

I move the library using File App in iOS, but there is no sequential playing of chapters, only one file at a time.

I can combine all chapters into one audiobook file, but I won't do that unless there is no other way.

Anyone know how to get non-Apple, non-Audible books on an iPadPro11 to play by chapters?

sparksd

macrumors 68040
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
I can no longer sync my library of audiobooks (Non-Apple, non-Audible) on to my iPadPro11. In Catalina, Apple moved my library to way down inside a library container. I go to sync my books from my iMac Books App to my iPadPro11, non of my library sync. Only audiobooks from Apple iCloud show. I'm using a high speed cable plugged into the back of the iMac.

I move the library using File App in iOS, but there is no sequential playing of chapters, only one file at a time.

I can combine all chapters into one audiobook file, but I won't do that unless there is no other way.

Anyone know how to get non-Apple, non-Audible books on an iPadPro11 to play by chapters?
What about using something like nPlayer - load the files there and create an ordered playlist.

blackxacto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 15, 2009
Middle TN
I want to thank you very much for replying to my cry for help. I have since found that it took, deleting all audiobooks from both 11" iPad Pro and Catalina iMac. Then dropping my folder of audiobooks I had saved from backup onto Catalina Books window. Then from FINDER, click my 11" iPad Pro. Then click sync ALL audiobooks. I watched the little wheel spin until it stops. No joy. They aren't on the 11" iPad Pro. I did this procedure several times. FINALLY, the 11" iPad Pro received ALL the audiobooks from my iMac. Yes, I watched the little wheel spin each time.
I was advised to do a clean install as the file linking is screwed up. So I am first going to try a wipe and reinstall from backup. If that doesn't work, Ill do the clean install.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.