Non-developers with 4.0: Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrat93, Apr 11, 2010.

1. mrat93 macrumors 65816

mrat93

I have the 4.0 beta on my desktop, and I have my UDID registered on my friend's developer account. What are some of the major bugs/disadvantages to having it now? Would it be best to wait for another beta to be released?

2. CaCohen0509 macrumors regular

CaCohen0509

i payed a guy a doller on ebay for it and i think its awesome, theres minor glitches in the ipod app and nothing except for the regular apple apps run in the background but the changes in the home screen is a nice refresher. also the new photos app is cool. i think its worth it because all these people are charging 1+ for a whole year of the beta.

3. mrat93 thread starter macrumors 65816

mrat93

Any other major glitches? Do apps crash often?

4. CaCohen0509 macrumors regular

CaCohen0509

One thing that I've noticed is that when you try arranging your apps sometimes it will lock up and you'll have to restart your phone. Tbh none of my apps have crashed. Yet! And fast switching between party apps just starts them as if you had tapped them from the springboard. Other wise everything is really really speedy so far. I also have to test the battery length.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

The answer will always be no. OS 4 seeds will expire just lime the OS 2 & 3 seeds expired. It is a hassle. Also loads of potential to loose your info or have a temporarily bricked iPhone.

6. andrunious macrumors member

i like having it just bc its a good sneak peek. it is slow on 3g though even with 1gb-2gb free. some of the apple apps crash, ie photos/ipod. and like others have said they have glitches. maybe some of the itunes/iphone glitches will get fixed with itunes beta release