Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tangmu

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2015
Please tell me space black/grey will be an option!?

I have heard nothing about this yet. Sorry! (But I guess there is no reason why that band couldn't get a black coating at a later point. It has happened with other third party link bands too.)

The main concern for manufacturers is always to sell to the part of the market that is the easiest to produce for and has most customers. So while there are probably quite a few more Sport versions of the watch out there the stainless steel finish is just much easier to achieve for manufacturers. After that there's often another take on the available colors and once the market is saturated I'm pretty confident someone will start to investigate how to achieve a finish that actually resembles the 7000 aluminum too.

So I would feel rather confident. Things just take a little time to get off the ground.

Reactions: Jmona

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
does anyone have a Leather Loop from utica guy? i bought from new mexico guy and love it so much i want another color.

Advil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
I ordered a red LL yesterday from them, I'll post it when it arrives

ok thanks! please take pics of the packaging because i suspect they're all the same products. i have a red LL from NM guy and we can compare measurements/packaging etc...

Reactions: Jmona

Tangmu

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2015
Real 1:1 copy or that one with à other type of Opening mechanism?

He has the one with the real looking links but different clasp incoming. You need a SIM-tool to remove the links.

Does not matter if it gets stuck in customs. They just want to check if the seller has declared it too low. If he hands in all necessary documentation today it might continue to be shipped as early as tomorrow night.

Donstil-nl

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2008
Netherlands
He has the one with the real looking links but different clasp incoming. You need a SIM-tool to remove the links.

Does not matter if it gets stuck in customs. They just want to check if the seller has declared it too low. If he hands in all necessary documentation today it might continue to be shipped as early as tomorrow night.

Ooh that one. Looks fine indeed but I want the original clasp :)

germanguy

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2008
Got the Black leather loop (42 mm) from La Cruces, NM yesterday. While it is a nice band, it is too big for my wrist (160-165 mm). Unfortunately going back.

Tangmu

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2015
Got the Black leather loop (42 mm) from La Cruces, NM yesterday. While it is a nice band, it is too big for my wrist (160-165 mm). Unfortunately going back.

Was this the clone version? Isn't that supposed to be like the S/M version of the real loop?

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
That's odd when women with smaller wrists have posted that it fits just fine.

My wrist is ~165mm so I'm hoping they fit!

germanguy

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2008
That's odd when women with smaller wrists have posted that it fits just fine.

My wrist is ~165mm so I'm hoping they fit!
Women usually have the 38 mm watch and I believe the clone LL for 38 mm is shorter than the one for 42 mm.

Tangmu

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2015
talked with dhl, they said the seller has put a blank paper in the package but no bill, so customs can't declare value... lol

The common problem. At least you will get it. Last time my parcel was missing my name on the waybill so DHL Express had to send it back to China for correction (German rigorousness meets Chinese laisser-faire mentality - that's always fun for the whole family). ;-)

Reactions: Reytiros

iVegas

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2013
Posted this in the "ultimate third party bands" thread but I thought it should go here, too.

I got my 42mm Milanese loop from the Utica Guy. I was pleased with everything but the width of the band. As you can see in the picture the band isn't the same width as the lug it's connected to; it's a few mm short on each side. It doesn't match the pictures in the listing. Also, on the other lug (where it loops through) the band slides back and forth because there lug seems to be a few mm bigger than the band.

A little disappointed but at least it can be returned easily. I did also send the seller a message since the my picture doesn't match the listing. Hopefully it's just a defect. If not they should change the photos in the listing.

IMG_1398.jpg

Last edited:

DChap23

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2011
Ordered Thursday , received today. The band has a great feel to it , comparable to the Apple LL. Magnets are strong and I don't think I will have any problem with them. Ordered from this eBay seller. Here are some pictures:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

ianfann

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2014
Hi guys, I am reposting this here for you guys to take a look at this 1:1 Clone of the Milanese Loop. To be honest, it is not perfect and the one I received has defects on it. So, here are some photos and a video review.
WwgCKsP.png

iDSSTSB.png

V8Q5hz1.png

QEgY1BB.png

4NdzV5J.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.