Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wickedwahine11

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
As an expert on the subject I am hoping you can answer this question; how are you finding the Moko Milanese, and Moko bands in general, holding up?
Sorry about the delayed reply, I just saw this. They have held up well, to be honest, I still prefer the Apple bands so I did go ahead and buy white, red and orange in Apple and returned or gave away those MoKos. But for the colors Apple doesn't carry (like my MoKo indigo, purple and Barbie pink), I've been perfectly content with them.

Reactions: broadbean

IphoneIssues

macrumors 65816
Dec 30, 2010
I got the Moko Milanese and Black silicon straps from amazon, last Friday. Both are going back.

Neither 'locks in' to the watch. They slide straight through. No amt of wiggling gets them to stick in place.

So on the weekend I sprung for the real milanese strap. I think half the cost is in the packaging, LOL.

LOL

I have the Moko milanese. If they're both 316L steel and both mesh-design bands, but one is so much more less than the other, you can imagine the profit margin.

DragonPrime120

macrumors member
Apr 21, 2015
http://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/201505987273

Purchased this last Thursday, arrived today. Amazing quality, great look. The links are very tight, and the band is much cheaper than some of the other ones I've seen. It is indeed 4th gen, with the button releases. Quality is on par with my apple one. Great customer service too.

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas

Purchased this last Thursday, arrived today. Amazing quality, great look. The links are very tight, and the band is much cheaper than some of the other ones I've seen. It is indeed 4th gen, with the button releases. Quality is on par with my apple one. Great customer service too.

Oh wow that's a really great price for a US seller. Keep us posted on the quality of it as time goes on. Hopefully it stays looking pretty sharp, but more importantly it doesn't break down. I am a little nervous about the quick release buttons on the clones.

utsava

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2004

Did you get a silver or space gray? I'm curious how well the space gray finishing both matches the space gray watch and how well it holds up and has been applied.

TillysWily

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2011
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Just received my JETech 42mm blue leather loop band from Amazon today and I have to say I am very impressed with it! There is no metal showing at connector and the gaps on each side are pretty much perfect. The magnet is very strong as well I threw my wrist around with zero movement from the band. I'm going to grab another one in red tonight.

rickselest

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2015

can you post some pics of the spacing between the links.... its a nice band but the spacing from the ebay page doesnt really look any better or worse than the other newer 3rd party links...

Last edited:

iVegas

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2013
can you post some pics of the spacing between the links.... its a nice band but the spacing from the ebay page doesnt really look any better or worse than the other newer 3rd party links...

I'll be receiving this band today. I'll post some pictures tonight.

Reactions: utsava

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
image.jpeg

Not sure if this colour counts as a fake but the third party sports bands now have matching colour bumpers and writing on the back; visually imperceptible from the real thing.

iVegas

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2013

The gaps are pretty much the same as my version 1 band, which I was happy with. I was surprised how easy it was to remove the links. However, it seems I have a wrist size where one link makes the difference between too loose and too tight. I'll probably return it and stick with my V1.

Here are a few pics before I stuck it back in the box. I always think the gaps on these bands look worse in pictures than they really are.

If it fit well, I'd keep it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    311.4 KB · Views: 329
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    349 KB · Views: 341
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    356.4 KB · Views: 359
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    319.4 KB · Views: 357
Last edited:

waxlabo

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2014
The gaps are pretty much the same as my version 1 band, which I was happy with. I was surprised how easy it was to remove the links. However, it seems I have a wrist size where one link make the difference between too loose and too tight. I'll probably return it and stick with my V1.

Here are a few pics before I stuck it back in the box. I always think the gaps on these bands look worse in pictures than they really are.
I have a genuine link bracelet now but honestly there are gaps on the original just like when I had a 4th gen replica.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
Did the advertised pics include that detail when you bought it, assuming it was from eBay or Aliexpress?

it was from taobao (the basis for aliexpress but actually within china) and yes, they're the only one's i've seen with this picture:

TB1QodtLpXXXXXqXFXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

the rest still use the picture of the black bumpers etc.

[edit: the only other band i've seen like this was on reddit when someone got their order from baoxing trading about a month ago]

Reactions: broadbean

GrindedDown

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2009
Las Vegas
it was from taobao (the basis for aliexpress but actually within china) and yes, they're the only one's i've seen with this picture:

TB1QodtLpXXXXXqXFXXXXXXXXXX_!!0-item_pic.jpg

the rest still use the picture of the black bumpers etc.

[edit: the only other band i've seen like this was on reddit when someone got their order from baoxing trading about a month ago]

Any direct links or sources on alibaba at all? That would be greatly appreciated!

broadbean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?_u=k4sdclm479e&id=523008823216

the feel is very much as the moko ones have been described (it's a bit of a lint and dust magnet already, i wouldn't wear it somewhere posh if i couldn't rinse it down regularly) but visually it's basically perfect.

If Apple offers a dark purple Sport Band next month, I wouldn't bother with the 3rd party options. I'm guessing that's why they went with fluoroelastomer, among other reasons. Just surprised the 3rd party ones didn't follow suit.

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
If Apple offers a dark purple Sport Band next month, I wouldn't bother with the 3rd party options. I'm guessing that's why they went with fluoroelastomer, among other reasons. Just surprised the 3rd party ones didn't follow suit.

if apple offer this brown colour or something similar, i'll replace it in an instant.

it's good enough though, for the price. it happens to also be cheaper than many of the inferior knockoffs i've seen out here

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
So I have seen a ton of first impressions on the moko, but i havent seen any follow ups so i am not sure if i am in the majority or minority. But I have had mine for about two week now and it is not holding up at all. I have barely worn the band and it is already starting to discolor on the bottom of the band by the clasp and the links near it. Anyone have the same experience? I know I wasnt expecting the world but I was hoping to get something that lasted a little longer than this. View attachment 597629 View attachment 597630 View attachment 597631

Damn ! I had my HOCO black link since October with no issue at all with color, but I bought it in China and the adaptor just broke - DAMN!

I need to replace it ASAP as the Link is by far my favorite bracelet, and have looked at MOKO as it has great Amazon reviews - one guy wrote as you stated but had it replaced - This is the worst thing to happen (almost) to a black bracelet as it's really cheap looking with discolor like that

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.