Non-Responsive Screen on 6Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by webitorgal, Mar 12, 2016.

1. webitorgal macrumors regular

webitorgal

Lately (as in the past week or so), my phone hasn't been working very well when I tap on apps or on the camera. I thought it was because my screen was dirty, but this isn't the case. I've cleaned it several times and while it works just after it's cleaned, it becomes non-reactive shortly after. It's getting a little annoying and I don't really want to get a new phone now as my contract expires this fall (when the 7/7Plus comes out). Has this happened to anyone else? My husband, who has the same phone, does NOT have this problem.

2. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

No I can't say that I've experienced that. Just for grins, have you tried rebooting your phone?

3. balzmcfearson macrumors regular

balzmcfearson

I have the same problem on one of mine. It is a 16 gig with very little available space and has a replacement screen so I have attributed the non responsiveness at times to one of those characteristics.

4. Darrensk8 macrumors 6502

Darrensk8

I feel like I've been noticing this exact thing on my iPad I put it down to 9.2.1 ......not saying it is o_O

5. webitorgal thread starter macrumors regular

webitorgal

It works after rebooting, but after a bit, sensor issues sometimes come up again. Maybe it's a 9.2.1 thing like another poster said. If it's indeed a screen issue, then the problem shouldn't come and go.

6. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

Ah then have you contacted Apple Support? They might be able to assist.

7. theshoehorn macrumors 6502

Same exact issue on my iPhone 6 Plus. I have to shut off the screen and turn it back on and then sometimes it works, other times I have to keep doing that. Then it'll work for days before having the same issue, i'm on 9.3 PB7 and it's persisted since before the betas.

I took it to the Apple store, and surprise, it worked just fine, but since i'm out of the standard warranty I'd have to pay to replace it. Figure I can suffer it out until the 7 releases... But it is insanely annoying.