noob carrier file question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cytoxyn, Sep 16, 2009.

1. cytoxyn macrumors regular

cytoxyn

When the 25th comes what happens to the hacked carrier file for mms? Will they automatically update the file?

2. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

I believe it depends on the carrier file number.
    If your carrier file is a hacked 5.0 or 5.1 file, and the update is anything above that (5.2, 5.5, etc), then I believe it will overwrite your current carrier file.

If yours is the same number (if you have 5.1, and the MMS updated carrier file is 5.1), then I believe it will not update, thinking you have the current carrier file.

Not 100% sure though.

3. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Good, question. I agree with above since we haven't seen that happen yet. In any case, a complete restore (to the same 3.0.0 or 3.1.0) should delete the carrier update (5.1) and put back the 4.5 carrier.

4. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

Or spare yourself the time and just find the old carrier and do what you do to put the new one on.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Clever responses like this one earn you little respect. If you really want to add to this discussion how about actually doing something that criticizing..

I have not done so mainly because I am not putting my only functional iPhone through a process that might leave me doing a 3 hour restore and ruining my unlock.

6. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

:confused: If you put the old carrier file back on, then you can update the carrier file via iTunes as normal. It is far quicker than doing a restore to get the old carrier file back on.

While his response wasn't worded the best, but certainly did not appropriate a response like this.