Nope this is not creepy at all

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by puffnstuff, May 23, 2011.

1. AdrianK macrumors 68020

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Man, some people are just plain stupid.

For example, take a look at this Toronto couple.

3. puffnstuff thread starter macrumors 65816

Honestly I don't think that is stupid at all. I've always thought that is how people should be raised.

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

those Toronto parents are immature ... it is a boy and they are fooling nobody

5. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

You don't know the meaning of creepy. I'm not sure if I should even post what I could. It is from youtube but it might get me in trouble. I will just say search Tonetta in youtube.

[​IMG]

6. Illuminated macrumors 6502a

Illuminated

Don't search for Tonetta. PLEASE. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND RAPTURE! Don't do what I did...terrrrrible idea!:eek:

7. samiwas macrumors 65816

Whhhoooaa...and check out some of the other videos. There are videos of the mom completely naked in the tub, with I'm assuming the son filming (as other similar videos have him filming), going on some sort of weird tangent about stuff. Yeah, creepy.

And Tonetta....yeah...don't search that. Especially don't look at the second video in the results...if it's the same one I saw. My eyes will be boiling for a week.

8. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Sometimes the hot ones can be crazy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvFBg27X54c

Fascinating article, from both a sociological and psychological view point. It is almost like a nature versus nurture experiment. It seems to me much of society (as a whole; all of earth) has a need to label and categorize people, which plays a huge part in child development.

I can reverse the arguments made by you and the comments of the article: "Telling/teaching a child how to act and fitting them into specific social norms/roles without their consent and understanding is horrible." Its all relative to the culture we know. Other cultures (usually in underdeveloped/low GDP nations) do not follow the "man is a breadwinner" mentality. All sexes can do all the work.

No one seemed to mind Rosie the Riveter gettin' all greasy and workin' with tools, but Darwin forbid a boy wears pink and plays with a dolls.

Yes, the kids are going to have problems interacting with society (one is already afraid of school!). They will (unfortunately?) have to fit the most common gender roles if they want any chance of being "normal" in today's hateful and judgmental society.

I wish Erikson and Piaget were still around to comment of this.

9. -y0- macrumors 6502

-y0-

10. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

You make some good points, personally though I don't see what the big deal is, sounds similar to how my sister and I were raised just taken to a bit more of an extreme. When we were kids if other people assumed our gender incorrectly my parents wouldn't correct them.

Both of us wore fairly gender ambiguous clothes until we were 4 or so and we were both encouraged to partake in activities typically assigned to either gender. We did have a little trouble when we first went to school as we were just utterly unfamiliar with gender stereotypes and the pressure to conform, but despite that I firmly believe it was worth it.

Gender boundaries are slowly but surely fading, what this couple is doing is simply accelerating that process for their child. It may be a bit bumpy along the way, and I'm sure that as soon as the kid hits school they will conform soon enough but that sort of childhood, free from such pressures is something to be treasured.

11. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

Talk about cultural bias-maybe in the "West" but not elsewhere. Even in Eastern Europe I doubt this sort of thing would be accepted. It will be a long time if ever gender distinctions will ever disappear. They may change but not disappear.

12. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

Fair point, I forgot to qualify that as such. I still see it as an ideal though.

13. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

I think Tonetta at least knows it's all about being laughed at, but some who are weird actually think they are great, and render a respectable audience.

www.wingmusic.co.nz

This lady had hundreds of hits on her site until Macrumors discovered her and in days, it had thousands of hits. Now five million people later?

14. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yeah, she was on South Park quite a few years back. The next day at college was full of awful (or great) imitation singing.

I have seen and heard lots of crazy things in this thread. Time to preserve my remaining sanity.

15. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

I have to credit Wing with making crazy bad singing and bizarre/awkward stage presence into a fruitful career.

If Tonetta makes some money off of this new found fame he seems to be generating, then all the more power to him.

16. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Without a lot of therapy, I think we have a future Buffalo Bill or Norman Bates candidate.

I feel sorry for the kid.

17. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

I was just on her YouTube page, ready to report her in any way I could. I refresh the page, and I get a notice from YouTube saying her account was suspended. Her videos wont load either. One second she's on, next second she's off. That was quick! Thank God

---
    Sent from my iPhone 4

18. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

19. Abstract, May 24, 2011
    Last edited: May 24, 2011

Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't understand why this is ideal. :confused:

I don't support inequality, sexism, or extreme gender roles and gender stereotyping. I don't care if people are gay, straight, or cross-dress. However, in this world, there are boys and girls, in much the same way there are humans and cats and zebras in this world. Why deny it? Calling a boy "boy/male" and girl "girl/female" isn't wrong. Discrimination itself is wrong.

I don't consider this unnecessary categorization. It's these same people who probably agree that we should celebrate our differences, and be more accepting of them. Do you achieve this by turning a blind eye and ignoring it? Wouldn't it be better to just tell your kids that everybody is different in some way, but that many of these differences are small, and that you should treat everyone with the same respect? :confused:

Also, while I'm against sexism and strict gender roles, I also recognize that men and women are different. While we should be treated equally in terms of workplace opportunities, the law, etc, some gender roles exist because women and men are different. Men and women are different -- think differently, "feel" differently, worry differently, shop differently, make decisions and conclusions differently, etc. I'm not saying that women belong in the kitchen while men should make all the money, but there are things that men do because of something ingrained, not necessarily because society says it's their manly duty.

20. Surely Guest

Surely

Yes, I, too, would like to know.

/nothing shocks me anymore

21. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Yes, what was it?

Somebody tell us

22. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Alrighty, I'll tell you guys.

It was a video of a woman, filming her 13 year old son in the bathtub. She talked about strange things, she was creepy, and she referred to her son as "sacred" That doesn't really tell the whole story though. If you watched her other videos, you'd see worse. She made her son film her naked, she danced with her son while holding his face up to her bare breast(s), she never let her son speak with a low tone (his new natural voice, he's going through puberty). She talked to neighbor kids who were afraid of her (I wonder why?). If you looked around in the comments, she refuted a lot of "hate" But her comments clearly show that she has something wrong. She'd swear, tell other's that they're "jealous", and that her life with her son is a "love story" and "fairytail" Her son does not act normal, and rarely talks. The woman has a creepy way of talking and is highly controlling and mentally messed up.

Also, she'd refer to herself as a "goddess" Her son was once taken from her and apparently she slept naked with him, but if she does so again she goes to prison (or he's taken from her. I don't remember)

23. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

She also breast fed him until he was seven years old.