Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacOSXuser

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Toronto
Hi, this is my mac book pro, is this normal?

59% with only 7 battery load-cycles. What is load-cycle?

From CoconutBattery:
30x7ax1.png

MacOSXuser

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Toronto
Thanks for your reply.

Can I ask in what way isn't it normal? The load-cycle/health % ratio? My mac is 22mths old:p

Cheers

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Hi, this is my mac book pro, is this normal?

59% with only 7 battery load-cycles. What is load-cycle?

From CoconutBattery:
http://i32.tinypic.com/30x7ax1.png

Load cycles are when the battery has gone from a full charge to flat. If it's 22 months old 59% isn't to bad. When was the last time you calibrated your battery? Ie fully charge let run flat then charge over night powered off??

MacOSXuser

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Toronto
Oh ok, so it's normal? Yea I keep the power plugged in all the time. My MacBook Pro is my desktop replacement.

Cheers

Load cycles are when the battery has gone from a full charge to flat. If it's 22 months old 59% isn't to bad. When was the last time you calibrated your battery? Ie fully charge let run flat then charge over night powered off??

I actually have never calibrated my battery... Do I have to do that? What's the reason behind it? Can't find it on Apple website.

Cheers

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Allows your mac to align the battery to the condition of the battery. Try it then re run your test.

MacOSXuser

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Toronto

Oh! Thanks for the link.
No wonder my % battery indicator not accurate! Now I know the reason. Will do a calibration tonight. Thanks for the tip.

And do you guys know if the 8600GT MBP still have the issue with the graphics chipset? My GPU failed last week finally and got a free replacement from Apple(out of warranty), because they know it's defective. Does the new 8600GT from Apple still have the issue? As far as I know it seems the whole entire 8600GT line are defective? If not, I'll get a second battery. If the problem still exists, I'll get a new MacBook.

Cheers

airplaneman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
USA
Oh! Thanks for the link.
No wonder my % battery indicator not accurate! Now I know the reason. Will do a calibration tonight. Thanks for the tip.

And do you guys know if the 8600GT MBP still have the issue with the graphics chipset? My GPU failed last week finally and got a free replacement from Apple(out of warranty), because they know it's defective. Does the new 8600GT from Apple still have the issue? As far as I know it seems the whole entire 8600GT line are defective? If not, I'll get a second battery. If the problem still exists, I'll get a new MacBook.

Cheers

Sorry to break it to you, but all 8600s are like that.

airplaneman

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
USA
Oh no please... This is the worst thing ever... That means my MacBook Pro is going to die on me sometime soon... This is my first Mac... God... I hate the new MacBook Design

As long as it is in a 3 year window, they'll replace your GPU :)apple: extended the warranty on all MBPs with the 8600 :).) What ticks you off about the new MBP design? I think the matte ones resemble your model. Also, the computers in general are better (better battery, screen trackpad, etc.).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.