Normal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacOSXuser, Aug 30, 2009.

1. MacOSXuser macrumors regular

Hi, this is my mac book pro, is this normal?

59% with only 7 battery load-cycles. What is load-cycle?

From CoconutBattery:
    [​IMG]

2. lu0s3r322 macrumors 6502a

No, this isn't normal at all. I suggest you go to an Apple store and get it replaced

3. Apple Corps macrumors 68030

It may be more normal than you think - 22 months and only 7 cycles = plugged in all time = battery killer.

4. MacOSXuser thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your reply.

Can I ask in what way isn't it normal? The load-cycle/health % ratio? My mac is 22mths old:p

Cheers

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Load cycles are when the battery has gone from a full charge to flat. If it's 22 months old 59% isn't to bad. When was the last time you calibrated your battery? Ie fully charge let run flat then charge over night powered off??

6. MacOSXuser thread starter macrumors regular

Oh ok, so it's normal? Yea I keep the power plugged in all the time. My MacBook Pro is my desktop replacement.

Cheers

I actually have never calibrated my battery... Do I have to do that? What's the reason behind it? Can't find it on Apple website.

Cheers

7. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

8. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Allows your mac to align the battery to the condition of the battery. Try it then re run your test.

9. MacOSXuser thread starter macrumors regular

Oh! Thanks for the link.
    No wonder my % battery indicator not accurate! Now I know the reason. Will do a calibration tonight. Thanks for the tip.

And do you guys know if the 8600GT MBP still have the issue with the graphics chipset? My GPU failed last week finally and got a free replacement from Apple(out of warranty), because they know it's defective. Does the new 8600GT from Apple still have the issue? As far as I know it seems the whole entire 8600GT line are defective? If not, I'll get a second battery. If the problem still exists, I'll get a new MacBook.

Cheers

10. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

Sorry to break it to you, but all 8600s are like that.

11. MacOSXuser thread starter macrumors regular

Oh no please... This is the worst thing ever... That means my MacBook Pro is going to die on me sometime soon... This is my first Mac... God... I hate the new MacBook Design

12. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Are u in the u.k?

13. paulbeattie87 macrumors regular

Toronto according to his profile to the left…

14. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

As long as it is in a 3 year window, they'll replace your GPU :)apple: extended the warranty on all MBPs with the 8600 :).) What ticks you off about the new MBP design? I think the matte ones resemble your model. Also, the computers in general are better (better battery, screen trackpad, etc.).