Not able to edit shipping address via apple.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yanki01, Sep 12, 2014.

1. yanki01, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2014

yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

To anyone who planned on changing your shipping address after the processing was complete, it looks like that is a no go now. thankfully I updated all addresses everywhere to show my work address.

this is why I made this thread a few days ago.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1773177

Attached Files:

2. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

I got the same thing. Cancelled the order and placed another ...at the Apple store. Prepared to regret that decision on launch day...

3. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

I going to fight wit ATT over this. I heard that people who ordered through them can change so I should be
    able to also

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I had this problem on the APP. Wouldn't let me change shipping address. Had no choice but to do store pickup. Ugh.

5. studIOS5 macrumors 6502a

studIOS5

What I'm concerned about is the fact that my girlfriend and I both ordered new iPhones around 3:30 am. My father is the main account holder. I got all the login info, everything went through, it allowed me to change the address (both shipped to my house not my dad's) and my girlfriend and I also paid with our respective cards. Everything went through fine and our orders are processing. Both of our cards were charged. There isn't any chance they can cancel our orders because we aren't having them shipped to the billing address on the verizon account is there?

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I changed my address with my financial institution and Apple before the preorder date. It didn't matter. Once I had my order in, my shipping address on Apple's site defaulted to my address in AT&T's files.

7. blhoward2 macrumors 6502

You can call Apple and they will manually change the address. There is an entire thread for people doing this on this site...

8. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

Correct. I did this. Just be prepared for long, long hold times. My order is preparing for shipping but the new address isn't reflected. This could get interesting...

9. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

I changed the address on my carrier account. I learned with the 5.

----------

I'm surprised they didn't force them to ship to the carrier billing address.

10. Benenstein macrumors regular

It's unfortunate that AT&T won't allow the address to be changed while ordering the device. I'm in the same boat; however, I'm currently on hold with Apple to change it.

11. yanki01 thread starter macrumors 68040

yanki01

good luck.

12. Benenstein macrumors regular

Thanks. I've memorized all of the songs at this point,lol

[​IMG]

13. yanki01 thread starter macrumors 68040

yanki01

haha, oh wow.

14. Ron21 macrumors 6502a

15. Benenstein macrumors regular

I would try that, but I am at an hour and a half, and don't want to risk it! Ha.

16. DJsteveSD macrumors regular

DJsteveSD

I was able to do a "one time change" of the shipping address by calling Apple. (not sure what that meant but it got done) I was on hold for about 2 hours and memorized the hold music too!

17. Benenstein macrumors regular

Success!!! After being on the phone for an hour and 40 minutes, I reached a VERY nice lady named Stephanie who promptly changed my address (I told her how giddy I was to reach somebody, and she said that it really makes her day when she hears people say that).

18. Devlonc macrumors member

I called Apple this morning and they got it handled in less than 5min. Might have been in the hold que for 5min.

19. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

Yep. This is exactly what I did. The wait was long (just about an hour on hold), but I'm glad I was able to get it done.