Not getting email notification on S4

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Wildgift, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Wildgift macrumors 6502

Wildgift

This is a real problem. I even set my phone to vibrate for emails and set watch to mirror phone. Nope. Neither did setting notifications in watch app itself help.

I hope Apple will deal with this.

2. FatherOfTwo macrumors regular

FatherOfTwo

I've had similar problems on my series 3 where not all notifications seem to work, hit or miss at times.

I usually end up rebooting both the phone and watch but series 4 does seem to be more miss and than hit at the moment.

3. Wildgift thread starter macrumors 6502

Wildgift

Yeah, rebooting does nothing. The notifications are perhaps the highest priority for me and they are so glitchy. Running iOS 12 on an iPhone 8. Boo.

4. StumpyBloke Suspended

StumpyBloke

Don’t mirror the iPhone, rather, choose custom and enable haptic etc per email account

5. Wildgift thread starter macrumors 6502

Wildgift

Trying that now. Not sure it’s working either.

6. genekend macrumors member

7. Wildgift thread starter macrumors 6502

Wildgift

No go. Reset next.

8. GizmoDVD macrumors 68000

Same issue here with an AW3 and a XS Max.

Its really irritating. Some TXT (from Android people) don't even show up on my watch. E-mails are hit and miss for haptic feedback.

9. FatherOfTwo macrumors regular

FatherOfTwo

So the Outlook mail app works perfectly, all my work emails provide a notification ( ping and buzz ) on my Watch.

So there must be a bug in the native email app from Apple.

I might just use a different email app

10. GizmoDVD macrumors 68000

What total garbage. I'd be embraced for new AW4 owners who cannot get the simplest thing like this to work.

11. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

This is not a universal problem. Email notifications are working for me using Mail, Outlook and Spark.

12. FatherOfTwo macrumors regular

FatherOfTwo

Why be so harsh? Some people are having problems and I'm trying to find a solution. Back Off!!!

What do you mean Embraced? You can't even type embarrassed

13. StumpyBloke Suspended

StumpyBloke

What are you on about??? He’s on your side!! He’s saying it looks bad on Apple that something so simple is causing so many issues for a lot! SMH, JHC!

14. StumpyBloke Suspended

StumpyBloke

Bugger. Sorry don’t know what else to say

15. FatherOfTwo macrumors regular

FatherOfTwo

You sure :confused:

16. gsucyclist macrumors regular

gsucyclist

I think there was a bug introduced in on of the beta's, then it was fixed, and then it came back again. I'm having the same issue. I just installed Outlook and problem solved. Not ideal as I would rather use the native app, but I not getting email notifications is really annoying

17. StumpyBloke Suspended

StumpyBloke

Yes

18. za9ra22 macrumors 6502a

Common sense would tell you that if email notifications are working for some, then far from being 'total garbage', this is likely a problem impacting some users for reasons that are rather less obvious than a bug or software implementation fault. That it isn't a total anything.

Likewise, that there are some posting that it impacts earlier models than S4 devices, that it isn't a series 4-specific issue either.

19. GizmoDVD macrumors 68000

I meant “embarrassed”. Autocorrect can be funny sometimes. And chill out. I’m pissed my AW3 is having issues with simple notifications. It’s complete BS. How does crap like this get by Apple?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 23, 2018 ---
    The fact that in IOS12 the mail altert is set to “None” tells me Apple didn’t do much testing for the GM. I had the previous betas with no issues.

20. jsmitty macrumors 6502

jsmitty

I’m having this issue with mail too. Series 3 OS5

21. za9ra22 macrumors 6502a

My experience is that each time I have gone through an initial setup, the default has been 'None', for mail notifications.

In every other sense, my previous comments stand.

22. GizmoDVD macrumors 68000

I’ve never had that issue before.

The current bug is widespread.

23. vagos1103gr macrumors regular

The same to me to aw3 also to aw4. I am wondering if setup as new phone and setup as new watch fix the problem, but i am too headache to do all of this. I download the gmail app and this is working like a charm. also to is not working auto fitness reminder when you start to walk, in the first 3 betas was working but not anymore.

24. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

I am having this issue with my 44mm GSS... I tried not mirroring my phone, still no workie...

25. SeanLe macrumors member

SeanLe

Hey guys,

This is a bug with WatchOS 5 and apparently according to this thread apple is aware of it and working on it.

https://discussions.apple.com/message/33910428?start=0&tstart=0

I have the same issue and when I setup custom notification on the watch, it doesn’t notify it at all. Even when I get mail I can’t swipe down to dismiss in the watch also.