Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ServicePack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Just got my son's ipod nano today product red, got it engraved with his name. opened the box and its PINK!! And to just rub salt into the wounds apple won't take a refund due to the engraving...so 140 quid gone down the pan....i am 100% sure its PINK not red...gutted....what can i do?

D

pknz

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2005
NZ
Is it different from the advertised colour on Apple's website?

Post pics if it is please.

scienide09

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
Canada
Really? And it says product red on the box and all that. Weird.

I haven't seen one up close, but they've always looked red to me.

ServicePack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
YES very different....but they wont exchange...

its a mile off the colour, the one i have is metalic pink !

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Can you post a pic? The ones in the store are quite red (very nice in fact). Maybe yours is defective? If so, Apple will replace it for you (engraving and all).

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
If you bought product red and it is pink then it's a straight return, their mistake. My product red nano is bright red and so far from pink it's not even a question.

ServicePack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
How do i post a picture....can i email it someone?

dont have a photo bucket account...

Schnebar

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
California

http://www.imageshack.us/

well if it is the new nano then the red does look kind of pink-ish

apple_ipod_nano_red.jpg

Maybe get a red case for it so it looks more red.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007

You can use MR's built-in attachment feature. When you post, scroll to the bottom until you see "Manage Attachments" and then add the pics.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    55.4 KB · Views: 53

ServicePack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
thanks....just got it online....

any feedback is great and thanks so far....think i could be on a looser...might have to get him a case to stop his mates taking the pxss out of him poor lad....

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Seen plenty of Product Red 3G iPod nanos and they all look like that I'm afraid. It's not the fire-engine red of the old ones but more along the lines of Cranberry or Cabernet Red.

Very subdued and mature colour compared to the last one - I much prefer it to be honest but to each their own.

But sorry to rain on your parade.

ServicePack

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Thanks.....a case it is then...

i have no fight in my belly, so i will just get him a case...or give it to his sister :)

Thanks guys, quick turnaround, great help...it could be worse i suppose, it could be running WMP11 :D

f1

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
that's how itz supposed to look like, sry ur outta luck, apple did nothing wrong

ktbubster

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2007
US
i sorta like that shade... and to be honest, i'm not sure your son will mind. He'll probably be super happy to have an ipod, and pink isn't just for girls anymore, specially that shade... it's a nice sorta cranberry color. Then again, I'm someone who has two guy roommates and both of them have pink ipod minis from a few years ago. One's is magenta pink and the other is light pink :) so to each his own (and yes, they chose those colors themselves)

Aug 6, 2007
I got the product(RED) 8gb nano too. I was pretty shocked when I opened it. In daylight it does look a bit pink, but under artificial light it's red.

I got used to it though, and it isn't that far off the colour on the website except in natural light.

He may be a bit surprised at first but give him a few days.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.