Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Sorry if the title 'might' be offending to some of you, but you'll be like me when you are in my situation.
I know all those defects, such as screen flush, light leak, overheating, etc etc. But seriously, Apple? Not having any iPod Touch 4G when other countries had it over few days now? Even Australia got it (no offense to any Aussie, really). If it's in Australia, then it should have arrived here in Japan.
All the iPod Shuffle and iPod Nano devices arrived. Not the iPod Touch? C'mon!

Does any of you know why it is not in Japan? I'm just pissed now. I have to stick with '*********' iPod Touch 1G for another week? I really can't stand it. Plus, Apple ditched 1G, so 50% Apps are not supported.

What do I do now? Fly to America and buy one? Hell no.

uuaschbaer

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2009
Dude, chill. I wouldn't be like you in your situation because I have a sense of proportion. How in Gods name, by the way, is the fact that the iPod Touch is available to buy in Australia somehow relevant to its availability in Japan?

seong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
umm, yeah,
I did chillaxed for first three days when it was released in America, but when I read a news that it was available in Australia about three hours ago, I was seriously pissed.
Maybe Japan is trying to sort out the defective ones? That would be great, but if mine has the defect, I'll get it replaced million times, and get on the Guinness world record.

Brradley

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
umm, yeah,
I did chillaxed for first three days when it was released in America, but when I read a news that it was available in Australia about three hours ago, I was seriously pissed.
Maybe Japan is trying to sort out the defective ones? That would be great, but if mine has the defect, I'll get it replaced million times, and get on the Guinness world record.

A whole week, how awful.

Cerebral

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2010
Maybe Japan handles imports differently / not as quick or more strict? I live in Australia, I've heard the ipod touch is available at 'some' stores, but i haven't seen any personally when I went shopping recently (though i haven't looked that hard). A lot of stores still dont have it here.

If you need it so bad im sure you could import it? We have to wait for certain products to arrive all the time, its just a fact of life and not living in the US.

President.Evil

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2010
If Australia got it,why is it STILL not here in New Zealand? WHAT THE hell? ive been waiting two months for this touch man.Im gunna go buy an ipad if it doesnt come out this week.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Sorry if the title 'might' be offending to some of you, but you'll be like me when you are in my situation.
No. Not really.

IMHO, a week wait is short. I can just imagine your blood pressure should they not have enough on release day for you to get one and you must wait longer. Yikes! :eek:

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Ridiculous to get "Seriously Pissed" over an iPod just because it's not available in someone's country to buy yet. Some people in other countries don't even have access to decent food, let alone money to buy an iPod. :rolleyes:

NathanA

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
IIm gunna go buy an ipad if it doesnt come out this week.

Yeah! That'll show 'em! Reward them with your business by buying another product of theirs instead of the one you are angry you can't get yet!

What a way to incentivize them. Vote with your wallet!

:p

-- Nathan

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
So, is this another thread about apple fanboy is crying because he/she cannot get his stuff for a week?

kaheiyeh

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Yes, it's out here in Australia, but it's all sold out. So in effect, I'll still be waiting another week just like you.

Who cares anyway. It's not like the world is gonna end if you don't get a new iPod touch this week. Oh wait, it will. Sorry, my bad. I'd better go hide in my bunker now. /sarcasm

Aero26

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2010
Yes, it's out here in Australia, but it's all sold out. So in effect, I'll still be waiting another week just like you.

Who cares anyway. It's not like the world is gonna end if you don't get a new iPod touch this week. Oh wait, it will. Sorry, my bad. I'd better go hide in my bunker now. /sarcasm
LIRL. Bunker.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
But I don't get why Japan still didn't get theirs yet, they're very close to China! :confused:
My guess is that the distance from China is not part of the equation for deployment.

The iPod touch in Japan is not near as popular as say a place like the US where there are plenty of open WiFi spots to use. Japan is more smart phone oriented if you will. So this might be affecting the deployment as well.

tonyunreal

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2010
But I don't get why Japan still didn't get theirs yet, they're very close to China! :confused:
Distance is a lesser factor when it comes to release dates of an electronic product, business strategies decide which countries get the product first(or even has the chance to get the product), and the release dates could be affected by marketing plans of the local carrier, approval from the government etc.

China is the by far the closest country to the manufacturing source(Foxconn), however they usually get the whole line of iPods about 1 month after U.S. launch, not to mention iPad and iPhone 4 are not released there yet.

NZ007

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2010
New Zealand
If Australia got it,why is it STILL not here in New Zealand? WHAT THE hell? ive been waiting two months for this touch man.Im gunna go buy an ipad if it doesnt come out this week.

I asked at magnum mac and they said two weeks (and the person I asked seemed pretty desperate to snag a sale). I'd assume it's similar for other shops selling iPods in NZ too. Hearing this and not wanting to risk the GST rise, I have now ordered it online. Probably the best way to go...

seong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
ummm, ok, looks like some people don't get my situation.
I have a Macbook Pro, but it's in repair. I'm typing this on my friends computer after school.
I have an iPod Touch 1G, which only has 3 hours of battery life (it really does, trust me.) which I had it for three years. I don't have anything else beside my iPod Touch at home. All of you guys telling me to chilax a little bit should know this.
Plus, I gotta wait two more week to get my MBP repaired. If the iPod Touch came out earlier, I wouldn't be seriously pissed off. Try using my iPod for more than three hours. It won't last any longer.

Cerebral

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2010
ummm, ok, looks like some people don't get my situation.
I have a Macbook Pro, but it's in repair. I'm typing this on my friends computer after school.
I have an iPod Touch 1G, which only has 3 hours of battery life (it really does, trust me.) which I had it for three years. I don't have anything else beside my iPod Touch at home. All of you guys telling me to chilax a little bit should know this.
Plus, I gotta wait two more week to get my MBP repaired. If the iPod Touch came out earlier, I wouldn't be seriously pissed off. Try using my iPod for more than three hours. It won't last any longer.

That is unfortunate, though you never mentioned your situation before in your original post. It seems you will need to plug your ipod into a usb port or charger of some sort permanently, your new ipod will at least have a new battery when you get it. Battery deterioration over time is just an unfortunate characteristic of Lithium-Ion batteries.

You are just going to have to deal without some technology for a few days.

seong

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
yeahh, but dealing with technology and researching them is my job at school.
sucks really bad. It wouldn't suck as much if my computer was here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.