Not such a "genius" afterall!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chrisgpix, Feb 26, 2009.

1. chrisgpix macrumors member

Thought I would just share my experience with Apple customer services in regard to my faulty iphone.

To keep a long story kinda short here's what has happened:

Noticed dust under the iphone screen

Took it into Apple store Sydney (while on hols from NZ) and the "Genius" officially diagnosed the screen as "seal is not flush" and he offered to replace the phone. Ok so here is the problem...I live in New Zealand and we don't have an Apple store so the "genuis" said he couldn't deal with the phone and I had to phone applecare in NZ who would rush out a replacement phone sending a bag for me to send back the faulty phone. Well I've just phoned AppleNZ who have totally denied any responsibility saying I need to take it to a Vodafone store who will send it away to be either fixed or send me a recon phone (note: not a new phone) also leaving me without a phone for "upto 10 days"...well you can imagine my joy that Sydney iphone users can just get an over the counter replacement but because I'm from NZ i have to put up with a half arsed couldn't careless service. Also why do I have to put up with a recon phone that could well have had a harder life than my present phone...you wouldn't take a pair of shoes back and be offered a rehealed pair as replacement!?!?...the main point for me in this story is that I have to be without the phone for upto 10 days. Anyone else experienced this or are you all lucky sods with Apple stores on the high street?

2. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Some countries just do not have the ability to get an over-the-counter replacement. What can you do?
    I know that in the U.S, you can pay a fee ($29 I think) to get a loaner phone that Apple will send you before you send yours out. So you won't go without an iPhone whatsoever. I am not sure if this is available in New Zealand, though.

3. chrisgpix thread starter macrumors member

lucky

Apple seem to have no structure in NZ at all, they said Vodafone "may" have loaner phones (not iphones) though in my past experience with a previous faulty phone (not an iphone) they look at you like your mad when you ask for a loaner.

4. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

5. chrisgpix thread starter macrumors member

backwater

yeah i guess thats what i get from living in such a backwater...great scenery though! heh!

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

$29 for a loaner phone?! When I got my 1st Gen replaced through the mail once they sent me the loaner free of charge.

7. Kevlar macrumors 6502

How about we switch locations, I'll even throw in my perfect iphone and take yours with the dust. I am tired of -30C! Haha

8. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

You are not the only one. I live in Nicaragua, we don't have an Apple Store either.

9. chrisgpix thread starter macrumors member

store

I'd be interested to find out how apple deal with iphone returns in Nicaragua....though hopefully for you you will never have to find out!

10. bamafever09 macrumors regular

bamafever09

I had a Loaner 3g while mine was being fixed... i didnt pay anything to use it

11. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

The two carriers, are iPhone Sellers, and Apple does not offer service for any of them. You have to take it to the company