Not Yet Shipped?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AEREC, Sep 8, 2010.

1. AEREC macrumors newbie

I preordered with overnight shipping on sept 1st, but it still says "Not Yet Shipped"

I see alot of people are getting thiers today...does the apple order statues just not update sometimes or am I just unlucky?

2. ultio macrumors newbie

ultio

You're just unlucky. Just like me and actually quite a lot of people. Is there actually anyone from Europe here who already has the new iPod Touch?

3. johnnyboy360 macrumors regular

definetly not me. although not yet. i phoned apple and they said that its in process and will be delivered from tommorow to tuesday so if the order status is still saying not yet shipped it might not be right.

4. unr1 macrumors regular

I think this may be true. However, the Apple order page still allows me to "edit" the engraving and gift card message. I haven't tried clicking it, but it makes me wonder if they have even packaged it yet.

But what's a few days :p

Just a bummer that I can pick one up from best buy, costco, or even two apple stores near my house and ship it out to the UK instead of paying more. But then I'd have to ship it and I'd be tempted to just keep it for myself lol

5. malikk macrumors member

Just got my ipod touch 4g today. Went over to KoP mall in PA and picked it up. I ordered it online but it wasn't shipped yet, so i cancelled it and picked it up at the mall. Just so if anyone is waiting for their product to ship and really needs it you can pick it up now at some places. And before anyone makes fun of me for not waiting, :p. I am going on a trip in a few days, so I needed it as soon as possible.

6. johnnyboy360 macrumors regular

lol i was impatient cos everyone was getting them shipped but when we phoned them up i was like "phew they havent forgot about me then" lol

7. fswmacguy macrumors 6502

fswmacguy

Mine's the same way.

Ordered on Sept. 6
    Delivery on Sept. 15-17

But not shipped yet.

I've come to the conclusion that only the "rush delivery" people are getting theirs right now. Us regular shipping folk just have to wait an extra week, which is no big deal by any means.

8. AEREC thread starter macrumors newbie

I got it about as rushed as you could get it (ordered the day it was announced and with overnight shipping) but mine still hasnt shipped yet.

9. nunzio23 macrumors member

I am in the same situation. I ordered Sept 1st, overnight shipping and mine has not shipped either. Though is still says deliver by Sept. 10. Out of curiosity, what capacity did you order? I got the 64GB.

10. Vesuvio Cat macrumors regular

I grew tired of the "Not Yet Shipped" note and cancelled my order. I had paid for next day delivery, but apparently they don't regard that as an expectation for expediency. That's the last time I use Apple.com to try and order anything. The same thing happened with my iPad order. Apple has piss poor customer service. Hearing about people going to buy them at the Apple Store and Best Buy, coupled with the continued "Not Yet Shipped" note now makes me feel like holding on to my 64GB 3G. Apparently they don't want my business.

11. AEREC thread starter macrumors newbie

I ordered the 64GB as well...they must be delayed a little since most stores like Best Buy only got the 32GB's in today as well.

12. I8P'CS macrumors 6502

I'm still waiting ordered on 1st september, If I count today (thursday 9th) i'm in uk it will be 7 days and apple said they will ship within 5-7 days my expected delivery date is 9th-14th. Not in a rush so will continue to hold out for my order.

Do wish they could have shipped it by now as wants the point of pre ordering then?

13. Rafterman macrumors 68000

It made no sense. Ordered within minutes of the store reopening on Sept 1st, overnight shipping and people who ordered a day or two after me were already getting them today and mine was "not yet shipped". On top of that, they had temp-charged me double for overnight shipping. That charge dropped off, so I cancelled it and bought one in three minutes at the Apple store.

14. Hiro1984UK macrumors newbie

Ordered mine at 3:13 on September 2nd - as of the current time (7:23) it still hasn't started to process. I was only presented with one shipping option when ordering - it's currently flagged as "Fast Ship (EMEA)". The Way I see it, Apple have got until this afternoon, to start the shipping process, or I'm cancelling. I'm going to Birmingham on Sunday - I'd be willing to bet I could walk into the Apple store and pick one up.

15. AEREC thread starter macrumors newbie

ugh...it still says not shipped yet and delivers the 10th. There also hasnt been a charge to my CC yet...so I doubt Ill get it tomorrow.

Hopefully Best Buy will have the 64GB version today and I can cancel my order.

16. cps22 macrumors newbie

cps22

Im in the uk, I ordered mine on the 1st september and today the order status has changed to 'engraved' so fingers crossed it will be sent out today or tomorrow. Estimated delivery date is 9th - 15th september.

17. vgopal macrumors member

not much is happening for the uk

Order Date: Sep 2, 2010 at 10:37 AM GMT

Not yet shipped
    Estimated Shipping: 5 - 7 business days
    Estimated Delivery: 10 Sep, 2010 - 15 Sep, 2010

It says its engraved but on the order status it still lets you edit it. :confused:

18. bigrobb macrumors 6502a

I ordered mine on the 1st and yesterday it still had not shipped I went to Best Buy they had a whole case of them so I cancelled the order with apple and just bought one at best buy.

19. spooky69 macrumors member

Are you sure the status has changed? The first screen has always said 'engraved' for mine but status still remains 'not yet shipped' and the detailed order page still has an edit link for the engraving - haven't clicked it but that doesn't look like something that should be there if the order is progressing. I expected them to start delivering on the same day that stores got stock.

20. vgopal macrumors member

cancelled my uk order from apple and ordered from tesco.

the status of the order has already updated to At warehouse - dispatching soon

21. Hiro1984UK macrumors newbie

Another cancellation here as well - So much for sending 'em out to Pre-Order customers :( I'll either get one from the Apple store in Birmingham, or I'll also order one from Tesco - Mmm almost 500 Clubcard points ;)

22. AEREC thread starter macrumors newbie

I wish I coudl just go out and buy one and cancel my order...but nobody has gotten the 64GB version in.

23. oddnendz macrumors 6502

oddnendz

Ordered on Sept. 1
    Delivery on Sept. 10-14

64G
    Two day shipping
    No engraving

Not shipped yet.

If I don't see it moving by 5:00 pm Friday: I will cancel the order and go the mall (I hate going to the mall... :mad:)and pick up one up at the Apple store..

24. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Why not just cancel it now and just go to the mall (even thought he mall sucks)? If my order (also made on the 1st) hadn't moved yet, I'd definitely have canceled it as of Wednesday when they were available in stores.

25. dmunz macrumors regular

Looks like at 64g issue

I've been sitting on a 64g order that I placed on the 1st and finnaly gave up. I called to cancel and got no grief or feedback from the Apple agent. Just a sorry and I'll be happy to NOT take your money.

The Best Buys in Houston all have the 32g but no 64s. I just talked to a guy at the Apple Store who said they do have the 64s, so maybe they are shipping now...

FWIW
    DLM