Nothing but complaints

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Blorzoga, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

It's so funny reading all the complaints: It doesn't do this. It won't do that. This doesn't work. That doesn't work. Where is this ? I don't see anything new. People just need to chill.

2. hasanahmad Suspended

people open an app and don't see what they expect.

Instead of exploring the app more or researching themselves, they create a thread here like 5 year old hand holders.

Please for the love of God learn to explore and don;t be impatient.

3. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

These kiddies don't understand that an x.0 release may still have a problem or two that needs to be ironed out.

4. matttye macrumors 601

There's enough to complain about with this release thought tbf...

5. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

6. matttye macrumors 601

Or...

- Apple haven't switched on iCloud Photo Library for a lot of people.
    - Apple removed all HealthKit compatible apps from the App Store due to a last minute critical bug.
    - Third party keyboards have a half assed implementation (no dictation; apps don't slide up when they pop open).
    - iCloud Drive is stunted without a standalone app.
    - There are bugs galore.

7. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

exactly!

i'm not getting this iCloud drive thing with the photos at all. I see how it works and there is apparently not an app....but totally confused on the picture stuff

8. Justin33 macrumors regular

Justin33

On the surface it didn't look like ANYTHING changed. Then if you dig there are a couple things.

9. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

can someone tell me if DFU is required to roll back to iOS 7.1.2 on IP5S ???

10. hasanahmad Suspended

people have to switch on the library
    the healthkit will be back at the end of this month
    swiftkey is working amazingly well for me at least
    icloud drive is a service, not an app.
    all new releases have bugs

11. matttye macrumors 601

Every picture you take will be automatically uploaded in full res to iCloud and then deleted from your device, and only a thumbnail will remain on all of your devices unless you specifically download a full resolution picture.

There's a heck of a lot of changes but you're going to have to wait for third party apps to be updated to take advantage of the new features.

12. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

but you can't see the pics on iCloud.com? I created a folder in iCloud Drive on iCloud.com and put a few pics in it...how am i supposed to see it on my iPhone or iPad?

13. matttye macrumors 601

- There's no option to switch on the library.
    - Great. I had an app that was working with it earlier but it seems Apple cocked it up somehow.
    - Same, much better than the default keyboard, but the problems I mentioned are present with SwiftKey.
    - I know, that's my point. You still have to go into an app which supports editing a certain document type rather than being able to go into a central file repository and choose to open a file from there. Also, why the hell doesn't mail allow you to attach files from iCloud Drive? Missing the point Apple!
    - Not as many as this!

14. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

15. matttye macrumors 601

I think iCloud Drive and iCloud Photo Library are different features.

You would have to use an app which allows you to edit photos and supports iCloud Drive in order to access those photos I believe.

I would have thought iPhoto would be a good candidate for that, but Apple disabled it without warning in this update. :mad:

16. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

Wont be able to do that until Yosemite gets released. Photos app on iOS gives access to only photos from another iOS device.

17. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I guess since I have used every beta and I am used to it I take it for granted.....But its running awesome for me! haha

18. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

what does Yosemite have to do with it? I can understand if i'm putting files into a folder on Yosemite....but i'm just on a random windows 7 machine in the browser

----------

seems pretty pointless. Why are they selling iCloud drive like it's a dropbox competitor?

You have to have a computer to load the files and you can't view files on an iPad or iPhone...how pointless

19. matttye macrumors 601

- Can't switch it on because there's no option to do so for me and a lot of other people. There are still options for photo stream but not for iCloud Photo Library. Check the forum; I'm not alone in this.
    - Nope, but they've been beta testing this OS for months. Doesn't fill me with confidence that a critical bug was found only on day of release.
    - Nope, third party keyboards can't access the built in iOS dictation.
    - Precisely. Sometimes it's better to go to the file first and then decide which app you want to use to edit it in.
    - No sir, I used iOS 1 and 2, then took a break, then I've used every version since iOS 5 and THIS is the buggiest release by far.

----------

All of my Pages and Numbers documents are in iCloud Drive and they're only on my iPad and iPhone so it seems like iOS devices can put files in the cloud.

20. Vegasryn macrumors 6502

21. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

yeah i see that. don't understand why apple cares so much about documents and let's the picture thing slide completely. i don't care about documents....i have a huge picture library i want to load

22. threelions macrumors regular

While IOS8 seems to be pretty smooth for me, people should always have the right to complain it's part of a customers right. Big businesses rarely do much unless they get lots of complaints about something. While it may annoy you it's still something that can be valuable for good customer service.

23. TommyA6 macrumors 65816

How do you turn on icloud photo library:rolleyes:

I can't see it on my device

24. Dreamliner330 macrumors 6502a

I decided to sell my 6 and keep my 5. I will never own a non-JB iPhone again. All these new Apple releases are mega buggy. No thanks.

25. matttye macrumors 601

You can't. It's not available for some people yet. :rolleyes: