Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DocT

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

My spouse and I share my MobileMe to iCloud account for contacts and calendars. Siri will call both me and my spouse by my name. My spouse tried to say, "call me ______", and it does but it still pulls up my contact card. Any idea how to resolve this? Thanks!

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

My spouse and I share my MobileMe to iCloud account for contacts and calendars. Siri will call both me and my spouse by my name. My spouse tried to say, "call me ______", and it does but it still pulls up my contact card. Any idea how to resolve this? Thanks!

You have to use separate iCloud accounts.

iRobby

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Fort Myers, FL USA

You have to use separate iCloud accounts.

I assume you have two separate phones. In that case despite what email you use iCloud or not go to Settings->Siri->MyInfo-> and it will bring up your contacts after you make a contact entry for yourself or wife (on each phone) then either of you click on your own Contact name and it tells Siri that is who you are

DocT

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010

We each have our own iCloud account. My spouse just uses my account for contacts and calendars.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I assume you have two separate phones. In that case despite what email you use iCloud or not go to Settings->Siri->MyInfo-> and it will bring up your contacts after you make a contact entry for yourself or wife (on each phone) then either of you click on your own Contact name and it tells Siri that is who you are

I guess that might work too.

iRobby

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Fort Myers, FL USA

We each have our own iCloud account. My spouse just uses my account for contacts and calendars.

I guess that might work too.

Also since that is now how she knows you when you say to her who is my wife, mother etc she will ask you who they are and from contacts you select the right contact for that relationship then it updates their contact card with that relationship as well

DocT

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010

That did it. Thanks!

DocT

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010

Ok, I spoke too soon. If I change the contact under settings, it then thinks I am my spouse. Any other suggestions? We each have an iCloud account. My spouse's is linked to my calendar and contacts only.

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
Is anyone beside me having a small problem with folks referring to SIRI as "she"?

It's an inanimate object, not a real person.

I guess I'm probably taking it a little too siriosly.

(OK, I should be thrashed for that.:p :rolleyes:)

iRobby

macrumors 6502a
Mar 22, 2011
Fort Myers, FL USA

Ok, I spoke too soon. If I change the contact under settings, it then thinks I am my spouse. Any other suggestions? We each have an iCloud account. My spouse's is linked to my calendar and contacts only.

why did you change the contact after you entered yours?

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
The reason it said Eh-than, is because the way it is syllabically pronounced. E.g Ethanol is: Eh-than-ol, not ee-than-ol.

Smug Boy

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2011
The current user experience anomalies can be boiled down to the fact that Siri is still Beta software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.