Notification Center for iOS 4.x?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bigsexyy81, Jun 13, 2011.

1. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

How much trouble would a developer get for essentially copying everything about the Notification Center and implementing it in iOS 4.x? Like, an exact replica?

After using it for a few days, it hurts to try and use anything else.

2. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

To be honest notification center, at least the pull down, is not very different at all from LockInfo.

As for the actual notifications, mobilenotifier or notified with the notification bar are pretty close.

3. bigsexyy81 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

I've played with everything that's on Cydia. Right now I'm using LockInfo on my lockscreen and Notified Pro for my infoshade as that tells me if I have missed a calendar reminder as well. I don't like how MobileNotifier integrates with my current setup so I have removed that.

Regardless... just wondering how 'easy' it would be for someone to do this. LockInfo/Notified Pro/MN are nice, but the added widget functionality, swipe-to-enter-app functionality on lockscreen, and cleanliness put these tweaks to shame (IMO, of course).

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

bingo its actually better becasue iOS 5 doesnt have status bar icons, not sure why anyone would want to replicate that

5. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

There is a setting in LockInfo to treat calendar reminders as notifications.

6. Sensamic macrumors 68030

Is it possible to do this? Maybe there no API for it, I dont know.

It would be AWESOME to have the Notification Center of iOS 5 on 4.3.3.

7. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Why? LockInfo does all that the Notification Center does plus a lot more.

8. Sensamic macrumors 68030

I have LockInfo and I love it, but Notification Center has a better look, themes and the cool widgets that are coming.

9. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

but no status bar icons, which to me make notifications pointless

10. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

LockInfo has both themes and widgets (well plugins).

11. bigsexyy81 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

It's great that you like LockInfo. Really it is.

But some of us prefer Notification Center over it. Different look, different features.

And this thread was created to see if it were possible to get Notification Center on iOS 4.3.3 or any iOS 4.x

No need for you or anyone else to keep repeating 'just use LockInfo'. We all know what LockInfo is.

12. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

developing tweaks is not easy and I don't think anyone making a notification tweak would not put icons in the status bar, maybe I'm wrong

13. bigsexyy81 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

I'm down for modifying the files to allow for icons in the status bar. Notification Center with status bar icons running on my iOS 4.3.3 would make me a happy man!

14. Sensamic macrumors 68030

Im sure there will be a jailbreak tweak that allows notification center to add icons to the status bar. Im not worried about that. Someone will do it.

I think notification center will have much more possibilities thanks to the jailbreak community. Just think all the stuff that can be added: Widgets with news headlines, links to youtube videos, ram info, pages (this would be awesome. Not just scroll down but having pages just like different homescreens), etc.

Today I just saw the possibility to add themes. Its amazing. Im sure there will be more cool stuff to come.

15. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I've been looking forward to the same thing. Hopefully an all-in-one type tweak that combines the functionality of notifications, sbsettings, lockinfo, etc.

16. erichkooi macrumors member

yeah, I have been looking for exactly the same.
    Hopefully someone able to copy from iOS 5 and paste it in iOS 4.

17. bigsexyy81 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

Exactly! That's not too much to ask, right?

(Coming from a guy who knows nothing about coding, tweaks, or anything else.)

18. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

copyright.

this happened with the gamecenter when it came out, a handful of repos carried it and it didnt work because the framework was missing.

19. erichkooi macrumors member

I guess we will to wait till it launch :(

20. bigsexyy81 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

These devs have been known to do some crazy stuff. I figured a copy + paste wouldn't work for iOS 4 but gotta assume that some of them could figure it out. Quite possible that they figure it isn't really worth the time since the official one will roll out in a few months (possibly same thoughts as with GameCenter), but I know I and some others who would fork over a 10 spot to have it a little early.

21. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

found this info lock theme that looks like notification center its on Macthemes its called iOS 5 style lockinfo(or something like that its on page 1)

photo.PNG

22. heisenberg123, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011

heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

thats the one, i wish i knew what weather plugin he is using (figured it our its lockweather and you have to have theme background set to ON to give it that boarder look)

anyone know how he has the messages plugin to have the bitesms icon?

23. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

Well as posted below it is possible to get LockInfo to look like Notification Center and the features people think are missing from LockInfo are usually because they haven't set it up right.

Being seemingly more in the know than most people replying here I know it would be a lot easier to get LockInfo to look & behave like Notification Center than it would be to port an app from iOS 5 to iOS 4 especially when the source is not available so instead of insisting on such a port why don't you do something proactive and list what you can't get LockInfo to do that Notification Center does and then we can assist with that?

24. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

agreed, on a side note is there a stock plugin, not that i use stocks but i thought that looks cool