iPhone Notification Center

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by adam044, Jul 11, 2013.

?

Which Notification Center Do You Prefer?

1. iOS 6

15 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. iOS 7

64 vote(s)
    71.1%
  3. I hope they make something different than the current 2

11 vote(s)
    12.2%
  1. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

Do you prefer the notification center in ios 7 beta's or do you like the old notification center?

I personally like the one is ios 6, looked cleaner, simple, what I miss the most is the weather widget, and the share widget (twitter, FB). I dont like the 3 tab thing going on in ios 7.

2. gmanist1000 macrumors 68030

gmanist1000

I miss the Facebook and Twitter integration, that's about it.

3. bchery21 macrumors 6502

bchery21

I think before (or for) the GM they'll have the Twitter and FB integration back in the notification center. I prefer the newer look though...

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I think we will see Facebook back in the notification center, because under sound settings you still have the option to set the Facebook post sound.

Why would that be present if they took away the ability to post from the notification center permanently?

Edit: Just realized that tweet sound options are still there as well.

5. Paragonal17 macrumors newbie

I like the new notification center better. I like the way the weather and calendar/reminder information is presented. The separate tabs clean it up and separate the different notifications which is nice.

As others have stated, I think the Facebook and Twitter share feature will be implemented prior to the GM.

6. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

Because you can still post to Facebook from other apps through the share menu.

7. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I didn't realize it still played the sound. I guess anytime I uploaded something my volume was on silent. All I remember is when I would post a status update it would play the sound.

My bad.

8. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I'm still holding onto hope that the Share widget will be coming back in the final release with a tweaked integration of the Today View.

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I do like iOS 7's Notification center better BUT, Why the All and Missed tabs? What exactly does miss display? how is that different than all? anyone figured this out yet?

10. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

The sound options are there because you can still use siri to share to facebook and twitter. And i believe it makes those sounds when using siri to update the status. I doubt they add that feature back on. But they should somehow, considering how that was one of the main features of IOS 6. Alot of ppl used the one tap update their status.

----------

It seems redundant. Since under all it shows my missed calls, text, and notifications from fb, twitter etc. And under missed it shows some of that again.

11. C DM macrumors Westmere

So far, best I can tell, missed shows items that came in while the phone was locked, while all will show those items and any other items that might have came in before (and you haven't taken any action on) or since then (perhaps while you were using the phone).

Not exactly sure how useful that is or when/where it would be more useful perhaps (given that I just mostly use "all" to make sure I see everything and it's basically the same as it was in previous versions of iOS), but that's how it seems to be behaving now.

12. betabeta macrumors 6502a

For an early beta it's good, but I would much rather have the controls at the bottom, for | Today | all | missed | with one hand it's not that easy, at the bottom would be awesome.

And how about edge swiping between them like in settings or safari?

How great would that be to be able to swipe from the left edge and right edge between today all and missed, that would make it so easy, and Apple can obviously make that edge swipe specific to what app your using so there is no reason to not do this and I think they will.

So yeah, the controls at bottom or being able to swipe would be perfect.

13. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

I prefer iOS overall, but even iOS 7 has nothing on the Android notification center.

14. adam044 thread starter macrumors 65816

adam044

If the twitter and Facebook integration came back I'd be happy I guess. Mostly twitter

15. falconeight Guest

falconeight

Did iOS 6 actually have a notification center?;)

16. C DM macrumors Westmere

Even iOS 5 had/has it.

17. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I never use notification center in iOS 6. I like that Apple is bringing in google now like functionality to notification center. And I like the fact you can get it on the lock screen. Also I prefer weather details to just a widget that shows the temp. I think it's more accurate. Sometimes the weather app will show rain clouds when the chance of rain is only like 30%.

18. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

Bro. I love the iOS 7 NC. Especially the transparency. I remember when I jailbroke my iPhone and I installed a tweak that made NC transparent on iOS 6. It was so cool Im like "This NEEDS to be on iOS 7. It would look amazing." I was happy when I saw it in iOS 7 :D

19. ominx macrumors 6502

I prefer iOS 7. In regards to the share widget, it makes absolutely no sense having it in Notification Center. At best maybe then can move it to the new Control Center where actions are initiated, but again, it doesn't belong in Notification Center where info is pushed.

20. adam044 thread starter macrumors 65816

adam044

I had that too when I jailbroke

21. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

IOS 7 notification center 100%. The abilities it brings. Can't say enough. My only concern is the lack of the share function such as sending tweets and Facebook post. Someone did mention that those "sound" abilities are found in the sound settings, so I can assume Apple is holding off until a later beta built or the good master/final but.

22. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

I prefer the single layout of iOS 6 (can't stand the iOS 7 tabs, it's an extra tap and makes it feel less convenient). I also prefer the smaller font of iOS 6 NC. I hate that the iOS 7 NC text is so freaking huge, so you can only see about 3 and a half notifications at once (and that's on iPhone 5).

However, I greatly prefer the visual style of iOS 7. I've always disliked the "linen" pattern.

23. adam044 thread starter macrumors 65816

adam044

I agree with you about the tabs

24. C DM macrumors Westmere

I mostly stick to the all tab which is basically the same as the notification center in previous iOS versions, at least as far as notifications are concerns which is my primary use of Notification Center. Having the today tab right there too is convenient when I do want to check my calendar in the near future and get other relevant information which I usually don't need to see as often as I check notifications themselves.

As for the text size, I believe if you decrease the text size in settings it will also affect notifications.

25. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

I also keep it on All. One thing I loved about iOS 6's singular approach was the quick glance at the weather. Now if I want to see the weather, I have to switch tabs, then switch back to all so it will stay there next time I look.

As for the text size, I only say it's too large because it makes a single notification take up way too much space, and you can't even read as much info as you could with the iOS 6 version. Just so much wasted space, causing less info to be displayed. I do have my text size decreased a notch (went town two notches in beta 3 due to thickness), but that's still not good enough. If I go smaller, then my menus and Messages will not be to my liking. I just think the font sizes shouldn't be linked the way they are, due to the new layout of the NC.