Notifications don't turn on my phone screen anymore

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by gusping, Apr 25, 2015.

1. gusping macrumors 6502

Since I've had my watch. When I get a message or any notification, it doesn't wake my phone screen up and show me. All i get the haptic feedback buzz on the watch which is light and therefore I might not notice it. Is there a way to make the notification show up on my watch and phone?

Thanks

2. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Working as intended. If your phone is asleep and locked, only your watch will buzz. If you're actively using your phone, the phone will get the notification and the Watch will not.

3. gusping thread starter macrumors 6502

Really? That's terrible. Most notifications don't buzz for me on the watch anyway such as snapchat and facebook so this watch may end up being returned....

4. WJKramer macrumors 6502

Yup....notifications are hit or miss in version 1.0. I have been playing with 4 different watches....not all mine.....and they all exhibit the same behavior when conditions are set properly.

5. gusping thread starter macrumors 6502

Anyone want a 42mm SS Classic Buckle? Looks like mine is probably going back.

6. shandyman Suspended

I'm getting Snapchat and Facebook notifications, along with every other that my iPhone would normally do. Have you got them enabled correctly?

In the Watch app on the phone, in Notifications, there's a section that says "mirror iPhone alerts from:" and ensure the toggle is on there. Also ensure in the iPhone's settings, in notifications, that you have the alerts enabled there too.

If you have the phone unlocked and screen on, the watch won't get notifications, so make sure that's not causing you issues too.

7. MattXDA macrumors 6502

MattXDA

Same here, there's nothing wrong with my notifications.

8. gusping thread starter macrumors 6502

I get facebook and snapchat notifcations but they dont buzz or light the watch screen up so I don't know until i check the time = pointless

9. aguyinokc macrumors member

We've known this forever. Why waste battery until you are ready to view the screen?

10. cwosigns macrumors 65816

The screen on the watch does not light up when you receive a notification. That is normal.

Use prominent haptic feedback...it's more noticeable. If you're moving around, it's easy to not feel the taps. Maybe check and see that you're not wearing the watch too loosely to feel them.

11. Somnospeed macrumors member

So you guys saying there is nothing wrong with your notifications, are you experiencing the 10-12 second delay with your text message notifications or are you saying it's nearly instant?

12. gusping thread starter macrumors 6502

I only get buzzed on messages and whatsapp, nothing else gives me a buzz such as snapchat and facebook

13. cwosigns macrumors 65816

Check your notification settings. If that looks right, do a hard reset by holding down both the digital crown and the side button until the watch turns off. Then turn it on and try again.

14. gusping thread starter macrumors 6502

Just tried that, still no luck. imessage/texts and whatsapp work find yet everything else doesn't make the watch buzz.

15. shandyman Suspended

I get buzzed on them all. Check the settings on the watch, watch app and notification settings on the phone. I suspect something is awry in one of those.

16. drew0020 macrumors 65816

drew0020

I'm noticing the same things. Notifications worked fine yesterday. Today not so much. No haptic feedback on most things. Probably flaky software at this point because it was working 90% of the time yesterday and today it's less than 25%. No settings have changed.

17. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

I wounder if the watch is going off of the sound setting on the iphone for notifications. I've gotten hepatic feedback on the watch for the few notifications I've received, except for my bank which doesn't have a sound notification on the iphone.

18. gusping thread starter macrumors 6502

I thought that but turned it on and it made NO difference. Just a buggy mess at the moment.

19. Sludgepond macrumors regular

Sludgepond

Try to turn on Prominent Haptic in the Sounds & Haptics settings. It will give you a few extra taps for notifications.

20. gusping thread starter macrumors 6502

I've done that, made no difference.

21. ledzepfan1981 macrumors regular

ledzepfan1981

Same here. I can only get Messages to alert me and now the iPhone doesn't vibrate when I get an alert!

22. gusping thread starter macrumors 6502

Yep, it's almost a step back from having no watch... #onestepforwards2backwards

23. shandyman Suspended

It's either a settings issue on watch or phone, or a fault. Go to an Apple Store and have a genius check it out. Might swap it out.

Mine's notifying me on everything. Just had a whatsapp pop up on it

24. gusping thread starter macrumors 6502

So now whatsapp, messages and facebook pop up find but snapchat doesn't. The settings are the same so it should work...

25. sterl320 macrumors 6502

the watch screen doesn't light up automatically when you get a notification. it makes a sound or a tap, depending on what you set it as, and then the notification is on the screen when you raise your wrist to look at it.