Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gusping

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 12, 2012
the watch screen doesn't light up automatically when you get a notification. it makes a sound or a tap, depending on what you set it as, and then the notification is on the screen when you raise your wrist to look at it.

Mine doesn't make a buzz(haptic) when i get a notification for snapchat. superrrrrr annoying.

StophMac24

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2007
Miami
The screen on the watch does not light up when you receive a notification. That is normal.

Use prominent haptic feedback...it's more noticeable. If you're moving around, it's easy to not feel the taps. Maybe check and see that you're not wearing the watch too loosely to feel them.

The prominent haptic feedback is my favorite feature for the notifications and the watches saving grace when it comes to letting me know it got something.

At first I couldn't tell it was tapping when when I was in loud places and moving about, but when I learned of the prominent haptic, it makes it so I feel it all the time.

andrewket

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2012
Notifications don't turn on my phone screen anymore

It's definitely buggy. My wife's phone would not display a text notification if the phone was off, and she wasn't getting it on her watch either. But both would show the test if you looked. Just no notification. After 30m of experimenting I performed a clear all settings on her phone. That fixed it.

There are references to this bug pre-watch on the net.

ledzepfan1981

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2015
I've discovered that the default apps already on the Watch are sending me alerts on my watch, just not the third party apps I've downloaded.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.