Notifications - questions

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by mikzn, Sep 25, 2016.

1. mikzn macrumors 6502

mikzn

Does anyone know if there is a way to view history of notifcations after you dismiss them?

Also am using Firefox as my default browser on the MacBook - it here a way to have notification links open in Firefox instead of Safari? (FireFox is set as default browser but is not recognized by notifications)

2. Tarek macrumors 6502

I am not sure what happens when you dismiss them when you pop-up, but I always find them in the Notification Center > Notifications. Notification Center is accessed from the button in the top right corner of the screen next to Siri. I am not sure if that actually answers your question, though, because if you dismiss them from the NC, I don't think there's a way to view the history.

EDIT: Apparently, there is a way to view the history as Mac OS keeps a log of all of them. Read this article here, specifically the 2nd reply.

3. mikzn thread starter macrumors 6502

mikzn

thanks for the info! :) - doable but a bit complicated and time consuming.

I get a ton of notifications and once in a while I dismiss one that I later would like to take a second look at. Not sure I want to dig through a hidden data base file to get that info.

Am still searching for a way to open the notifications automatically in Firefox rather than Safari