Notified Pro: help understanding what it does

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by aelalfy, Aug 31, 2010.

1. aelalfy macrumors 6502a

Hi

1) So I downloaded and installed notified pro and trying to understand it. So from what I understand, it would take away all the annoying pop up notifications and put them in the app/drop down menu? How come it doesn't do that with biteSMS, technically I don't want It to do that but Shouldnt it?

2) I read about people downloading something called "statusbar notification for notified". What is it and why do I need it?

EDIT: This thread is now devoted to an issue regarding notified and biteSMS

This is my issue now:

Ok now my only problem is and has been bitesms with notified pro. Even with bitesms "default app" disabled, I have a problem.

So here are the scenarios and problem,

1) bitesms default app DISABLED, notified pro logs the messages but when I click on the notification in the app or drop down menu, the app crashes or takes me to the home screen. Basically nothing happens.

2) bitesms default app ENABLED, notified pro DOESNT log the messages and bitesms works normally.

I'm looking for this

Bitesms enabled, notified pro logs the messages, and bitesms still displays the wick reply popup when the messages come in, along with quick list icon to show the list of messages in case there is more than one message.

Thanks in advance,
    AE

2. bripab007 macrumors 6502

You should probably take a look at this: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=985899

This: http://wiki.notifiedapp.com/wiki.php?n=Settings.MainSettings

And this: http://twitter.com/NotifiedApp

I don't really know anything about biteSMS, but I can tell you that with SMS alerts, for the most part (there are still a few bugs here and there), Notified does indeed "capture" them, and display them however you choose using Notified's settings and/or plug-ins (Notification Bars and Statusbar Notifications).

P.S.: Here's what the plug-ins are: http://wiki.notifiedapp.com/wiki.php?n=Site.Plug-ins

3. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi

After posting this thread, I went and did some research and answered most of my questions, except how notified pro works with bitesms. It seems that it doesn't look any messages anymore and bitesms works the way it did before notified pro. Weird bug I guess its ok.

Thanks for the reply,
    AE

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You are right, you can still set it if you want, you just need to disable notification badges on BIteSMS. Settings > LockScreen (or Unlock Screen mode or both) > do Nothing..

Then you will only see the Notify pro notifications

5. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry for my many spelling mistakes in the above most, autocorrection on iPad seems to be a little pushy at times. Anyways so if I set bitesms notifications to do nothing, will that not allow me to quick reply?

Thanks
    AE

6. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

It's normally advised to do that the other way around, research then ask questions.

7. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well my initial research covered finding notified pro and the different between it and notified NOT pro lol. Then I learned about the features, somewhere there I got stuck on how to set up notified pro, then came the bitesms question.

So I thought it was appropriate to start a help thread

Thanks
    AE

8. mrathee macrumors 6502

Ignore the "search before you post" replies - its ok because you still had some questions that werent directly answered somewhere else.

jesus. people jump on a SECOND thread in the same remote area of a topic, but do nothing for the hundreds of "new iphone fix coming in sept" threads.

what a joke.

9. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yea I thought my thread was ok and true, there are 1million threads on useless topics. I'm still very curious on how to get this to work with bitesms. It seems bitesms still pops up the quick reply.

Thanks
    AE

10. mrathee macrumors 6502

Have you tried disabling the quick reply in bitesms but leaving notifications on?

11. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

You can still quick reply, I think. I used Lockinfo and i did just that. so when I click on the lockInfo notification it allow me quick reply. I assume that Notifed pro allow you to do the same

12. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

What if you are in an application where the status bar is gone? Then you cant get infoshade up unless you set it to another command

13. mrathee macrumors 6502

I think the activator command "swipe down from status bar" will work even if the bar is hidden - just swipe from where the bar should be.

14. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

IT works for me, and if that is the case, it will also affect Notified pro? wouldn't it?

15. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

So I played around with bitesms and I don't mind the popup quick reply from bitesms to show, but notified pro doesn't log the messages and notification bar doesn't display the messages, I was wondering why? Does anyone have bitesms and notified pro installed?
    The only time notified pro logged a messages was when my friend sent me an attachment picture. That's when notified pro logged it and notification bar showed a message.

How can i get notified pro to log the messages from bitesms?

Thanks
    AE

16. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

my notifiedpro does not log beejive, sms, mail, facebook. only thing i see in there is alarm and low battery.

17. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok now my only problem is and has been bitesms with notified pro. Even with bitesms "default app" disabled, I have a problem.

So here are the scenarios and problem,

1) bitesms default app DISABLED, notified pro logs the messages but when I click on the notification in the app or drop down menu, the app crashes or takes me to the home screen. Basically nothing happens.

2) bitesms default app ENABLED, notified pro DOESNT log the messages and bitesms works normally.

I'm looking for this

Bitesms enabled, notified pro logs the messages, and bitesms still displays the wick reply popup when the messages come in, along with quick list icon to show the list of messages in case there is more than one message.

Anyone got this to work the way I mentioned above?

Thanks
    AE

18. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Email the dev, Daniel Waldron (dew825 at gmail dawt com). He emails back within 24 hours.

19. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

My Notified pro works really well, I'm extremely happy with it. And the updates they've been teasing on twitter look fantastic (status bar icons and mail integration).

20. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Is that notified pro's developer?

Thanks for the email link
    AE

21. Nine9si macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have bite and notified pro. Quickreply works when I click on the icon on the status bar. And notified captures all bitesms texts. I'm running it on
    4.0.1 on an iPhone 4. Don't know If that makes a difference, but all works perfectly.

22. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Two things, 1) do you have bitesms set as default SMS app? Go into bitesms settings and see if that feature is toggled.

2) if bitesms is toggled as default app and you say you can see notified pro logging it in, can you click on the SMS that's logged and get directed to either messaging app?

Thanks
    AE

23. Benji222 macrumors 65816

Benji222

Yup i think so, I've been emailing him

24. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

What version of bite? What settings? Mine doesn't even acknowledge a MSG came in but I don't want to turn off qr

25. aelalfy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Exact same issue here, I emailed the developer at the above mentioned email and am waiting on a reply. I do realize that of course this can not be all solved by the notified developer, I would like to involve bitesms guys into this and see if we can resolve this issue.

Thanks
    AE