notifiedapp

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jimmy83, Jul 6, 2010.

1. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

2. broncopde macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Looks like it has potential. I'll definitely check it out if it's free. Would be nicer if they put it on the lock screen though.

3. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

Trying... to be patient.... for iphone 4 jailbreak....

*click on URL*

Being patient...... isnt working!......

4. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

I wouldn't count on this being free. Most all the new, really functional extensions/apps are gonna be paid apps.

5. jimmy83 thread starter macrumors 65816

6. RNVarma macrumors regular

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

yeah Saurik is crazy busy he is a professor, runs Cydia, assir the Dev-Team sometimes to name just a few he needs a helper I gotta guess there is a waiting liet at the moment... been fallowing and waiting since the App looks good...

8. jimmy83 thread starter macrumors 65816

9. wolfgang666 macrumors regular

i cant find notified on cydia..there is an app called notifier..
    and i find it similar to lock screen..
    what are the adv of this app?

10. mdecker79 macrumors member

11. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I downloaded it, but couldn't for the life of me figure out what to do with it.

12. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Good. It's not just me. My Lockinfo notifications are working great!

13. pw1500 macrumors regular

pw1500

I used to have beta of this app (Im not longer jailbroken as I have ip4). It collated all my notifications, alarms, sms, email and put them in a clean list to refer back too. As far as I know this is still the sole purpose.

14. oSutrooper macrumors member

oSutrooper

I downloaded this app and its neat but not for me. I am using the free verision but read on twitter the paid on will be out next week.

15. Vinnie Madrox macrumors 6502

Vinnie Madrox

what is supposed to be different about the paid ver?

16. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

activation from any app SBSettings style.

17. sparrky macrumors 6502a

sparrky

So basically, this app gives you an exclamation point in your status bar when you get a text, email, battery is low, etc. and you have to open the app to see what kind of notification you have? Or is there something more to it? I prefer notifier and/or lockinfo. With those I can see right away what it is without having to open any app. If the paid version includes something similar to Android where you can drag down from the status bar to expand your notification panel, then it'll be worth considering. But still, you just can't beat the simplicity of notifier.

18. jimmy83 thread starter macrumors 65816

19. vitog123 macrumors 6502

20. Dex4788 macrumors member

That's exactly what the paid version does. It allows integration with Activator, so you can customize your own gesture on the status bar to bring it up.

Here are some screens I found, though if anyone has video I'd love to see it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. robotphood macrumors 6502a

I was very excited for this app to finally come out. Sadly it came up a little short of expectations. I guess I was expecting more than I should have (android notification system). As of now, the infoshade for lockinfo is much better in my opinion. I just set it to swipe down the statusbar in activator. Other than aesthetics, notified doesn't provide anything over the infoshade. With lockinfo I can see more info as well as email previews and open/delete notifications with 1 click. In notified you have to swipe or double tap to bring up a open/delete menu which is just extra steps for me personally.

I am however using it to block alert popups which I loathe. The downside is it disables any way of turning off alarms/timers other than respringing springboard (via sbsettings).

From their twitter it looks like they may be working on a popup system (webos?). Looks similar to GriP (which doesn't work with OS4 afaik). This would be nice if it was an unobtrusive way of seeing previews of alerts. I use textnow for sms and do not pay for carrier SMS but since it uses generic push notifications, even notifier doesn't show an icon for it. I rely solely on the sound/vibration since I disabled popups. Not bad but it could be better. Greatly miss android notifications :(

22. jimmy83 thread starter macrumors 65816

23. illutionz macrumors 65816

The free version is good but I am waiting for the paid version so I can just use Activator and do a pull down gesture ala Android notification bar ;)

24. illutionz macrumors 65816

The paid version will have Android style pull down shade....

25. bmms8 macrumors 68020

any news on when it will be out?