Now all we need is MS Office!

marc55

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Love the new iPad, and am patiently awating release of the MS Office Apps!

I think I remember they are supposed to be released spring-early summer; well it's spring!

urkel

macrumors 68030
Nov 3, 2008
Prepare for a lot of negative comments by people who don't know understand the importance of having Office on the iPad.

homeboy

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2007
London
Thanks to the new screen resolution Excel spreads sheets will look amazing. You'll be able to view many small rows and cells but yet be able to read what's in them.

Bring it on Microsoft.

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
Have you guy's tried the OnLive app? Its pretty cool. Not native but still cool and pretty useable.
I found it to be slow and clumsy.

I would pay BIG BUCKS for a real MS Office Suite. It would make my iPad 3 WAY more productive.

Come on MSoft, there are millions to be made here! Show us some love!

thelookingglass

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Ummmmmm, that's not what 90% of businesses use. Heck, even our Mac guys use Office for Mac....
Yes. Unfortunately, MS Office is an absolute must in a corporate environment. That's just how the world works these days. Not to say that this couldn't change ...

Chaos123x

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2008
I like the iWork stuff better, I would only use office to double check that the exported files look ok.

Besides I don't care what corporate america uses, I don't want anything to due with those golden handcuffs. Not all about selling my soul and happiness to make enough money just to be able to get to work the next day.

It's a new age, quite your crappy job and start making money with your hopes, talents and dreams. :p

nippyjun

macrumors 65816
Jul 26, 2007
But what are the chances that Microsoft will make better office iPad apps than apple?

Chaos123x

macrumors 68000
Jul 8, 2008
BTW it leaked out a few weeks ago that M$ does have Office in development for the iPad... So expect it. :cool:

I love a iPad Pro with FCP X (based on ios AV Foundation already) a pressure sensative stylus, and Photoshop Touch to get a lot more features.

DctrJ

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2010
I like iWork just fine, however, I need something that works with Dropbox. Too bad apple won't let us use it.:confused:

Silken

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2010
I too am looking forward to its release. I have Pages and Soundnote at the moment but neither are adequate for full on word processing.

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
I would not expect to see this until 6-9 months after Windows 8 on tablets is shipping, with MS Office bundled in...

Why give no one a reason to leave the iPad for Windows...

This would be an enabler for Windows 8.

If it flops as a mobile OS, they can still just ship Office for iPad and sell millions of copies.

drober30

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
I think Microsoft will hold out office for their tablet. That would really help them gain some market share.

I'm not saying they wont ever release it because there is allot of money to be made but I don't know if it will be soon.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
I think Microsoft will hold out office for their tablet. That would really help them gain some market share.

I'm not saying they wont ever release it because there is allot of money to be made but I don't know if it will be soon.
I agree. Microsoft would rather loose millions in potential iOS app sales than give up a potential competitive advantage over the iPad.

Sigh.