Now all we need is MS Office!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by marc55, Mar 17, 2012.

1. marc55 macrumors 6502a

marc55

Love the new iPad, and am patiently awating release of the MS Office Apps!

I think I remember they are supposed to be released spring-early summer; well it's spring!

2. urkel macrumors 68030

Prepare for a lot of negative comments by people who don't know understand the importance of having Office on the iPad.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

QuickOffice Pro HD is pretty good. Not Office, but will do in a pinch.

4. homeboy macrumors 6502

Thanks to the new screen resolution Excel spreads sheets will look amazing. You'll be able to view many small rows and cells but yet be able to read what's in them.

Bring it on Microsoft.

5. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Have you guy's tried the OnLive app? Its pretty cool. Not native but still cool and pretty useable.

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I found it to be slow and clumsy.

I would pay BIG BUCKS for a real MS Office Suite. It would make my iPad 3 WAY more productive.

Come on MSoft, there are millions to be made here! Show us some love!

7. bmat macrumors 6502

I would pay a lot also if it was fully compatible and didn't lose fonts, styles, etc.

8. nippyjun macrumors 65816

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Ummmmmm, that's not what 90% of businesses use. Heck, even our Mac guys use Office for Mac....

10. thelookingglass macrumors 68000

Yes. Unfortunately, MS Office is an absolute must in a corporate environment. That's just how the world works these days. Not to say that this couldn't change ...

11. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

By themselves they're okay. But they are not Microsoft office by any stretch of the imagination.

I'm looking for MS Office as well, I hope they really do release it.

12. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

13. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

I like the iWork stuff better, I would only use office to double check that the exported files look ok.

Besides I don't care what corporate america uses, I don't want anything to due with those golden handcuffs. Not all about selling my soul and happiness to make enough money just to be able to get to work the next day.

It's a new age, quite your crappy job and start making money with your hopes, talents and dreams. :p

14. nippyjun macrumors 65816

But what are the chances that Microsoft will make better office iPad apps than apple?

15. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

If they really wanted to, chances are pretty good.

16. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

BTW it leaked out a few weeks ago that M$ does have Office in development for the iPad... So expect it. :cool:

I love a iPad Pro with FCP X (based on ios AV Foundation already) a pressure sensative stylus, and Photoshop Touch to get a lot more features.

17. DctrJ macrumors member

I like iWork just fine, however, I need something that works with Dropbox. Too bad apple won't let us use it.:confused:

18. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

Crappy fonts/lack of fonts, I'd like to see some kind of font book - system wide

19. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Is there an app that allows reading MS Word doc or docx files? Preferably free...

20. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

That won't happen till OS X and iOS merge into one OS. And that is at least a few years off.

21. Silken macrumors member

I too am looking forward to its release. I have Pages and Soundnote at the moment but neither are adequate for full on word processing.

22. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

Yep, I agree & until then the iPad can't be used for any real design work, I love my iPad - but I aways go running back to my Mac. :)

23. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

I would not expect to see this until 6-9 months after Windows 8 on tablets is shipping, with MS Office bundled in...

Why give no one a reason to leave the iPad for Windows...

This would be an enabler for Windows 8.

If it flops as a mobile OS, they can still just ship Office for iPad and sell millions of copies.

24. drober30 macrumors 6502a

I think Microsoft will hold out office for their tablet. That would really help them gain some market share.

I'm not saying they wont ever release it because there is allot of money to be made but I don't know if it will be soon.

25. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I agree. Microsoft would rather loose millions in potential iOS app sales than give up a potential competitive advantage over the iPad.

Sigh.