Now not a good time to buy 13'' MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zendefone, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Zendefone macrumors newbie

Hello guys, i'm new here. I was searching about macbook stuff around the net as i intend to get one and i found this forum.

From the guide here : http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/ , it says the macbook pro will be releasing an update soon and not to buy first. So you guys think i should wait for the update instead of buying now?

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

If you need it now, go ahead and buy it. Update is rumored to take place in Q1 2011 so as early as in January. If you don't need (have a working computer atm) it now, then I suggest you to wait.

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

It really seems unlikely that they would update it before OS 10.7 ... which is 7 months away. I'd just buy it if you need it.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Why is that? Apple updated MBPs in June '09 and Snow Leopard started shipping in August '09. Apple wants to update as many products as possible before Lion so people need to pay for the Lion upgrade (= more money).

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Good point, it makes sense.
    I was just thinking because it doesn't look like the Macbook Pros are outdated right now for Apple, and I read online that there would be really big updates in June/July (by the time 10.7 comes out).

Honestly OP, no one can really tell you. You might be waiting a week, or a couple of months.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I just bought one, and I'm happy I did, its a great machine.

I have a fairly immediate need, and so it made little sense to wait.

I don't think we'll see an update until 2 qtr of 2011 anyways.

7. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

My brothers old Macbook just died.
    He's a law student and needs a computer yesterday ... so he bought one, knowing full well they would update them rather soon.
    What's a fella to do when he a needs a computer now, and the new ones are coming out tomorrow?

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

True, but I also find that the core 2 duo is a very capable machine. I run a variety of apps very well on the laptop and I'm happy with the performance.

9. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

as said in previous posts, if you can bear to wait just wait but if you havent got a computer to use right now and need one just get it. Just bought my girlfriend one and its a rock solid little performer