Now or Later?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jeef690, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Jeef690 macrumors member

I am fortunate enough to have the ability to own an iPhone now (8gb). Playing with the device in the store today was more than cool BUT I don't want to feel dissapointed with a 2nd gen release. What problems are expected to be fixed with a software update and when should I expect a 2nd gen model? Thank you!

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

depends what you consider a problem.

GPS/3G won't be fixed with software. Most of the other "issues' could be.

A full hardware revision is unlikely for many months, but I'd expect regular software updates over time.

arn

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

The 2nd generation iPhone will be better that the 1st. And the 3rd generation iPhone will be better than both.

If you are going to wait for the best one, it may be a long, long time. ;)

Get an iPhone, enjoy it, and save your pennies to upgrade. :D

4. faustfire macrumors 6502a

faustfire

5. MaxPowers macrumors newbie

I am not going to pay for one until they fix the problem with the safari browser not playing any MPEG4 videos over the web. Will never support a company that is trying to block the web for their own profit, until they can make a open source video player work on safari, or a way to even save/exchange basic jpg files I will wait for something better.

Hell might take a year, but I would not want to be stuck on the Iweb, when the guy next door really has full web access, and probably paid much less. :eek: