Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeef690

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
I am fortunate enough to have the ability to own an iPhone now (8gb). Playing with the device in the store today was more than cool BUT I don't want to feel dissapointed with a 2nd gen release. What problems are expected to be fixed with a software update and when should I expect a 2nd gen model? Thank you!

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I am fortunate enough to have the ability to own an iPhone now (8gb). Playing with the device in the store today was more than cool BUT I don't want to feel dissapointed with a 2nd gen release. What problems are expected to be fixed with a software update and when should I expect a 2nd gen model? Thank you!

depends what you consider a problem.

GPS/3G won't be fixed with software. Most of the other "issues' could be.

A full hardware revision is unlikely for many months, but I'd expect regular software updates over time.

arn

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
The 2nd generation iPhone will be better that the 1st. And the 3rd generation iPhone will be better than both.

If you are going to wait for the best one, it may be a long, long time. ;)

Get an iPhone, enjoy it, and save your pennies to upgrade. :D

MaxPowers

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2007
I am not going to pay for one until they fix the problem with the safari browser not playing any MPEG4 videos over the web. Will never support a company that is trying to block the web for their own profit, until they can make a open source video player work on safari, or a way to even save/exchange basic jpg files I will wait for something better.

Hell might take a year, but I would not want to be stuck on the Iweb, when the guy next door really has full web access, and probably paid much less. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.