Now that I have MMS I have one complain...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xsecretfiles, Sep 11, 2009.

1. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

I wish there was a setting to turn off MMS PREVIEW. Currently there is one one button to turn off both previews of SMS and MMS

...I get soo many embarrassing pictures and I might just get caught one day because of the big screen preview, but I NEED to preview sms because I'm to lazy to slide open

Anybody else thinks the same?

2. curly14 macrumors regular

curly14

so your user name says it all.;)

3. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Why would you make a post like this? Seriously? You have MMS more than likely via a hack. Your complaining about not having the option to turn off MMS preview then you turn around and say you NEED IT because your too lazy to actually go in and look at the new MMS? HUH?

What do I think? I think your a #*$&#*($&*@ - #*$#*. ;)

4. xanatos macrumors regular

Ya I can't wait till when we all get mms theress going to be a million threads complaining about mms and that camera icon getting in the way or whatever BS people are going to try to complain about next oh boy can't wait to see it

5. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Neither can I. I can see the threads now - OFFICIAL MMS RELEASED - DOES IT BREAK TETHERING? Lol.

6. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if AT&T's update does break tethering. AT&T's not dumb. They know that most people will jump at the chance to enable MMS. Considering how many people think they need MMS, there's going to be a lot of people crying about how they lost their tethering.
    Unless I'm not given a choice, I'll hold off on updating the MMS. I don't use text messaging, but I do occasionally use tethering.

7. Macjames macrumors 6502a

Seriously? What about embarrassing texts? :rolleyes:

8. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

It never ends, sometimes you can't even find any good discussions here because the forum is flooded with complaining and whining about anything and everything.

9. xanatos macrumors regular

You know I can't wait for MMS but I really don't know why. MMS is really only good for one thing. Nude photos of your significant other. So well my SO doesn't take the pics when I had mms on my old phone what am I waiting for anyways haha.
    But the discussions here have gotten so lame anymore with the same stuff. People don't even post photos of their phones in neat places or stuff. Or what to buy.
    Everyones looking for the next thing to wait on. So we get mms now what will we wait for. Like fat spoiled children are not happy with what they just received and want a new gift

10. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

Just in case you havent heard...3.1 breaks tethering

11. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

There is a setting for this.

Settings > Messages > Lo' and behold, there is a ON/OFF switch for Show Preview under MMS

As for your lazyness, it's just wrong, sliding doesn't even take 2 secs -.-

12. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Just other lazy people.

13. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Ugh. You have a hacked carrier file which means it is not officially made by Apple and you're complaining that it doesn't have settings that you want!?

I'll have to stop there before I say something I regret.

14. PhightinPhils26 macrumors 6502a

PhightinPhils26

Nice way to hold of Buddy... Remember if you have nothing nice to say post a bunny! :D

I personally can't wait for all the "I have official MMS, now what?" threads... or my favorite, "I have official MMS and Safari seems snappier", but I don't think anything will top "I had a hacked carrier file, I updated to official MMS and now I can't tether" OR some derivative of "I updated to official MMS and now my phone is bricked".

I'll have a few replies pre typed so I can just copy and paste my responses. AND I found a whole bunch of new bunny pics. ;)

15. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

does somebody have a bunny picture i can borrow????

*insert bunny picture here* <----------- isn't she cute? (yes... you have to use your imagination)

16. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Nope, since the majority of ATT customers are actually waiting for MMS instead of hacking their phone, and complaining that it doesn't work the way they want it too.

17. curly14 macrumors regular

curly14

How bout a playboy bunny :eek:or is that to embarssing or to lazy to just turn off the preview lol:D

Originally Posted by xsecretfiles
    I wish there was a setting to turn off MMS PREVIEW. Currently there is one one button to turn off both previews of SMS and MMS

...I get soo many embarrassing pictures and I might just get caught one day because of the big screen preview, but I NEED to preview sms because I'm to lazy to slide open

Anybody else thinks the same?