Now that Tethering works, is Unlimited Data Plan going to go up?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blueprint1983, Jun 17, 2009.

1. blueprint1983 macrumors 6502

Tethering works, and works well so is the "Unlimited Data Plan" going to go up in cost or is it going to become a tiered plan with 5/10/20/unlimited gig restrictions?

At&t is probably sitting back and saying, well, we've got them hooked, now how can we screw them out of more money.

2. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

Tethering will be a completely separate charge.

3. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

If it is the same as the other carriers namely Verizon I am assuming the charges will come in at $30 per month for Tethering or $65 for both unlimited Data and Tethering, but it will be in that price range.

4. blueprint1983 thread starter macrumors 6502

So i'll assume this free tethering deal has it's days numbered.

sucks

5. blueprint1983 thread starter macrumors 6502

some possible bad news, i log into my at&t account and this popped up under my data plan;

Note: You have more than 500 unbilled data records. You can view/sort the most current 500 unbilled data detail records in sets of 50 in the data detail list below. To display your next set of 500 unbilled data usage records, or to view your previous set of 500 records, click the appropriate link below.

6. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

that's no problem

You are okay. It's just the AT&T Deathstar that has you logged, billed and most definitely pwned.

All your cash, belong to us. :cool:

Signed,
    Sr. Manager
    AT&T Deathstar

Thank you for choosing/tethering with AT&T

7. blueprint1983 thread starter macrumors 6502

dude, this sucks, i gotta feeling that my bill next month is gonna be jacked up.

I wish I never tethered at all.:mad:

8. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Wow, I'm glad I'm in Canada then. Fido & Rogers both allow tethering under your existing data plan so long as you have yourself on a 1gb or higher data plan. Mine is 6gb, so I'm laughin'!

This is the first time I've been surprised that we northern folk have been given something better than those in the states.

9. 3rdLittlePiggie macrumors member

3rdLittlePiggie

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    What?!?!?! What about Molsen?!?! That stuff is like candy! Way better than the stuff here in the states!:D

10. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I think it will still be $30 for unlimited data and if you want tethering niceties, then it'll be $30 or $25 extra with a 5GB cap.

11. blueprint1983 thread starter macrumors 6502

im gonna put a cap in at&t's ass.

12. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

You pay for your home internet. Why do you feel you shouldn't have to pay for your wireless internet?

13. xamp macrumors newbie

I do pay for my wireless internet, it's $30 a month for a 5gb cap(?) with att. Why should they care where I use the data, if it's on the phone or on my computer shouldn't matter. If I go over my cap, then that's on me, I understand that.

Could you compare it to a power utility company, which doesn't care if I'm using the electricity for my computer or air conditioner. I get billed for the watts used.