Now that the dust has settled....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bruceleroy, Oct 5, 2011.

1. bruceleroy macrumors member

bruceleroy

Who is else is excited about the 4s??? I personally can't wait and will be up at 3:00 a.m. to pre-order my 32gb 4s.

2. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Im pretty excited. I think once people start using the 4S they will realise that it's not the disappointment that they think it is.

3. Sir Ruben macrumors 65816

Sir Ruben

i was dissapointed, however i love my iPhone4 and this is better so whats not to love right? Problem is, its not as much better as i thought it was going to be.

Saying that I cant bring myself to use that money on something like the Nexus Prime as Im not fussed on the android os, plus Ive committed my iPhone 4 to someone who has already paid me.

So I guess the way to look at it is I get an updated phone for less than £200 (taking into account the sale of my current phone).

Then again Ive been all over the place since the announcement so I may flip and buy a HTC Titan with WP7 in a moment of madness. Im so confused and scared LOL

4. skaguyy macrumors newbie

I plan on preordering it at 3am so I can get it as soon as possible

that 1080 video recording will come in handy at my show on the 15th!

5. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

I second that. Cant wait till 28th of October

6. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Im very excited, and will be getting it!

It's my first iPhone. Think it's a pretty good one :)

7. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

If it's your first iPhone , you're gonna be blown away. :D

8. djbab00 macrumors newbie

I didnt get to chime in yesterday after the presentation, but I will be ordering my white IP4s on Friday morning also. I bought the 1g x 2 and 2g x 2 on release days and have been waiting for a new phone since. I'm happy they went with the 4's body and redid the internals. Hey ill be getting the 5 for the wife and the 5s for me next round:D. btw as the new Ceo I think Tim did a great job yesterday, Mr. Jobs is a tough act to follow,but as listed in his letter The team at apple will continue his dream.

9. tirk macrumors 6502

tirk

Pleased perhaps rather than excited. 64GB was my main "new" requirement, and I'm delighted with that. The new processor, with greater battery life is a real plus too. It also potentially future proofs the 4S against forthcoming iOS/software releases (perhaps iOS 6 will only work on the 4S and up)??

10. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I'm excited and definitely ordering one! (I'm coming from a white 16GB 3G.)

About the only decision I left to make is the size. iCloud will go a long way in reducing storage needs, but I like to shoot a lot of video, so I'll need to decide between 32GB and 64GB.

It's a great update for an already fantastic phone. I'm looking forward to it!

Bryan

11. Pooshka macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

12. cPol macrumors member

cPol

I'm buying two 64GB at 3AM (well, I'm going to try to). I'd like free delivery, but I'm hoping there's an option to get it delivered on the 14th. Cannot wait!

13. sullez macrumors 6502

I had a iphone 3g - then I went back to blackberry and have had 2 blackberries since then. I will now be getting the 4s - so I hope I will be impressed.

14. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

15. kdnole macrumors member

I'll be glad to finally dump my LG Chocolate that's a piece of.....
    So the pre-orders at the apple store are for carriers as well?

16. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I have no doubt that people who buy the iPhone 4S will be impressed. How can someone who just spent hundreds of dollars on Apple's brand-new latest iPhone not be? Kinda a silly question. Being impressed with this iPhone and actually justifying its purchase is an entirely new ball game. But, if Apple had a program to trade in your current phone for a free iPhone 4S, not a single soul on this board would decline to do so.

17. applefan289 macrumors 68000

I am impressed with the 4S, and will be buying it as my first smartphone.

Can't wait to take it everywhere with me and be able to check emails, surf the net, etc. from anywhere with reception.

18. tann macrumors 68000

Gonna be my first iPhone :D. Will probably get the 64GB version unlocked. I like the space. Undecided on whether I want white or black yet though :(.

19. foulmouthedleon macrumors regular

foulmouthedleon

I was somewhat underwhelmed at the “new” phone. I’ll keep my iPhone 4 as the new features really aren’t enough to make me want to get rid of my phone and get this. I’ll wait for the iPhone 5 which will hopefully have a bigger screen.