Number one wish for WWDC

Discussion in 'iPad' started by prvt.donut, Jun 3, 2010.

1. prvt.donut macrumors 6502a

prvt.donut

What I really, really wish for from the WWDC about the upcoming iPhone (iff all that has leaked is all they are going to give then I will be a little dissapointed) is a range of phones with different sized screens. I love my iPhone 3G, But the screen is just a little too small.

When I saw the Dell phones, they hit the nail bam on the head! A range of devices that each cater to different people depending on what they need (not very Apple ethos, which is as I see it, "This is what I think you need").

The iPad is really nice, I love/hate what Apple made, but for me, I need a slightly bigger screen. I want a device that can happily display my pdf tech books so I can read them full screen and not have to zoom and pan about.

It also makes remote desktop work a lot better too!

I don't want a phone and an iPad, I want one device inbetween the 2!

Anyone else feel the same way?

2. steviem macrumors 68020

steviem

3. clovis112 macrumors regular

4. newdeal macrumors 68020

agreed a slightly larger iphone screen would be amazing, preferably not too big to fit in my pocket though

5. sandyjmacdonald macrumors 6502

The new iPhone design (assuming it's the real one) is slightly taller than the 3GS.

The iPad is already a bridge product between the iPhone/iPod touch and the MacBook. I really can't see them releasing anything else in the near future.

Why not get a Dell phone then?

6. Rhalliwell1 macrumors 6502a

I think your going to be disappointed. If you want something with the size of screen as the Dell Streak then buy the Dell Streak. I don't see many more devices of that nature being released.

7. XciteMe macrumors 6502

:rolleyes:

My #1 wish is that prior to the show's start, Steve announces my name on stage, guys walk out with one of those giant checks that Lotto winners get, and it's made out for $10 million tax free, courtesy of him, because he picked my name at random in a lottery and declared me the Ultimate Apple Fan. :rolleyes:

8. VladM macrumors regular

Improvements and APIs in iPhone OS4 which surpass what has already been announced. Otherwise, I can definitely see myself moving permanently to Android.

9. prvt.donut thread starter macrumors 6502a

prvt.donut

Well, yes, of course I am seriously tempted to move to Android too. HTC is pumping out some great phones, only one available in Japan at the mo(desire i think).

But who am I kidding, we are Apple fan boys and I will probably get the new iphone and get an ipad no matter if Jobs says we are all like moths drawn to the flame and he has no respect for us idiots, he knows what's best for us!

10. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Running an iPhone OS and being able to stream Netflix.... :)

11. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

If Netflix was added to the AppleTV, I would get a subscription. However, I would only want to stream since I usually buy any movie I want anyway. I guess I can stream through my PS3, but that would mean I would need to take out my game disc and insert the Netflix disc and I'm too lazy to do that. ;)

12. barkomatic macrumors 68040

My number one wish is some type of remedy for iPad users who purchased a 3G model expecting the option of unlimited contract free data--but who now must sign up for and maintain continuous unlimited service to get the deal after June 7th.

13. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

You nailed it. They should allow early adopters who purchased the ipad under the premise that they could have unlimited 3G access on a no-contract basis, continue to have that access, regardless of whetehr they let the connection lapse. That seems like a fair compromise. After June 7, anyone buying the 3G will know that they can't get unlimited, but those who purchased before that date, it seems like a breach of contract.

I wouldn't even care if AT&T announced that the unlimited plan was going up in price (I expected that), but the unlimited plan becoming limited is bullsh*t.

14. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

Well, its safe to say you can skip the WWDC then because the chances of that happening is slim to none.
    The closest thing to a surprise regarding the physical phone would be a 3GS+ type of phone used for non AT&T carriers.

But if you are hoping Apple would cannibalize sales of the iPad with a big screen iPhone, keep dreaming.

15. iKrl macrumors regular

My number one wish is for Apple to announce when in July will the iPad be available in the extra nine countries!

16. Nevasleep macrumors member

I already can on my iPad:confused:, with goodreader.

I'm hoping that they release OS 4.0 for the iPhone and iPad, with no delays.
    Also hoping the iPhone 4G isn't too expensive in the UK, as I want one.

17. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

I wish for increased memory, along with Parallels or Fusion for the iPhone that would run Android.

18. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

1) proper file system, preferably tied closely to a MobileMe overhaul with cloud storage/syncing

2) a revamped email app for the ipad which allows you to move messages bt accounts, collapse nested folders, and search within the bodies of emails

Okay so that's two things.

19. iCheddar macrumors 6502a

iCheddar

Just give me iPhone on Big Red. That's all I want to see.

20. wgary macrumors member

I'd really like #1.

21. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

U read my freaking mind but why stop there it would be 1 million AAPL shares ... Do the math WOW and all you want Apple products for life and you get them before they are released!

22. 3Pedals6Speeds macrumors member

+1 on #1

23. pondie84 macrumors 6502a

Ice block's chance in hell.

24. prvt.donut thread starter macrumors 6502a

prvt.donut

That's why I want to buy an iPad, but it would be awesome to be able to have a bigger screen phone, like the HTC HD

25. old-school macrumors 6502

+1 I would LOVE that. Finder for iPhone with MobileMe would be a gamechanger.