Numerous problems with Lexmark Pinnacle Pro901 printer!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Imola Ghost, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

This printer is a network wireless printer and we had all kinds of communication errors. Sometimes it would print, sometimes it wouldn't, most of the time it would not. I called Lexmark and the tech support guy walked me thru getting it working and it actually worked, while I had him on the phone. As soon as the phone call was over, it basically started acting up again and not printing.

So we eliminated the wireless printing and ran a cat5 cable to the back of it, with very similar results.

We bought this printer because it has about a 510 page print feature and the cartridges are about $4.99. I'm very much considering taking it back with all of the problems.

Can someone recommend a printer that works flawlessly with a 27" iMac, has a low cost printer cartridge and ACTUALLY WORKS and hopefully is wireless. The one we have is a printer, scanner, copier and fax. We don't really need or use the fax feature.

HELP!!!!

2. philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

I have that printer. it works fairly well with usb 2 connection . Also make sure your drivers are up to date

3. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816

We've got the latest firmware and software.

I believe you have no problems because your using a USB connection.