Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gamoe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
I have a late 2008 15" MBP with an NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT w/256MB of RAM. I am thinking of trading it for a current 13" MacBook with a GeForce 320M w/256MB.

Am I right in assuming the new MacBook's GPU is inferior to my current's? If so, how much of a hit would I take in games like Left 4 Dead 2, Portal 2, etc.. ?

Thanks!

EDIT: I am thinking of trading for a 13" MacBook PRO

Last edited:

iThinkergoiMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 20, 2010
Terra
The one in the current MacBook is integrated, so it doesn't really have 256 MB RAM, it just uses up that much from the main system RAM. I'm not sure if the GPU itself is much better (or worse).

Think of everything else you'll give up as well: FireWire, the screen resolution, etc. Personally, I'd stick with what you've got. Why do you want to change computers?

Gamoe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 19, 2006
Think of everything else you'll give up as well: FireWire, the screen resolution, etc. Personally, I'd stick with what you've got. Why do you want to change computers?

I'm sorry, I meant 13" MacBook Pro. I'm considering the change because I got a good offer for mine, and I'd like something more portable with longer battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.