Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

maorattias

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2019
Hello everyone, I upgraded my computers -macbook pro mid 2015 15” from 512gb to 1tb Samsung pro970. I bought the sintech adapter (the long one) And installed it into my computer, i attached my new ssd to the adapter and the adapter to the macbook pro. I found that i do t get the best speed, and it actually really slow for it, i had tried to play with the adapter and the ssd and move it to the sided, i found its helping, but only sometimes. The reason i kept play with it is because i saw different of the speeds, but after i turn off my computer and turn back on the speed getting down again. I want to share with you the picture of my disk utility and what i did when I first installed the macos. I got to this because i think this is the reason that my ssd is too slow for an nvme ssd.
please, help me understand and guid me, what should i do the make the speed highest as possible?
And what is the reason/what i did wrong in the installation that my mac is super slow.?
244130AA-1E7A-4357-80FD-2BEC13B8D29C.jpeg
6F9028F0-180D-4ACD-B61C-A3A68F0E0F13.jpeg
7CDE4E30-00D8-477E-85E6-35A697E73B79.jpeg

Please.
HELP ME?

jerryk

Contributor
Nov 3, 2011
SF Bay Area
Hello everyone, I upgraded my computers -macbook pro mid 2015 15” from 512gb to 1tb Samsung pro970. I bought the sintech adapter (the long one) And installed it into my computer, i attached my new ssd to the adapter and the adapter to the macbook pro. I found that i do t get the best speed, and it actually really slow for it, i had tried to play with the adapter and the ssd and move it to the sided, i found its helping, but only sometimes. The reason i kept play with it is because i saw different of the speeds, but after i turn off my computer and turn back on the speed getting down again. I want to share with you the picture of my disk utility and what i did when I first installed the macos. I got to this because i think this is the reason that my ssd is too slow for an nvme ssd.
please, help me understand and guid me, what should i do the make the speed highest as possible?
And what is the reason/what i did wrong in the installation that my mac is super slow.? View attachment 889622 View attachment 889624 View attachment 889623

Please.
HELP ME?

Start with this sticky thread at the top of the forum, https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/upgrading-2013-2014-macbook-pro-ssd-to-m-2-nvme.2034976/

Ask any questions there since this is where the real experts on upgrading storage on the 2013-2015 MBP hang out.

Comment

maorattias

macrumors member
Original poster
May 22, 2019
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.