nylon bands are the inverse of each other?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by DualShock, Mar 23, 2016.

1. DualShock macrumors 6502

I just noticed something weird with the nylon bands. The gold/red and gold/blue, and the pearl and black bands seem to be the inverse of each other.

Since the bands are not reversible, is this merely an easier way to manufacture them, or just a money grab? :)

image.png image.png image.png image.png

2. Mac2me, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016

Mac2me macrumors 6502a

The adapters won't work right if inserted upside down so I don't expect you'd be able to reverse the colors yourself. I had noticed the two-toned look but didn't think beyond that. It does give a different look using the same materials. If so, I'd call that smart planning on someone's part! And good eye on yours. Going back to check this out on their website with the various photos.

BTW I just saw a post from someone who ordered and received the pink band but the adapters are giving her problems. Wondering if it got assembled at the factory wrong for her color choice.

3. dead_smed macrumors member

dead_smed

Mac2me, do you have the link to that post with the adapter problems? I bought a 42mm Nylon Pearl yesterday and I'm concerned that it isn't latching into the watch securely like my other straps.

4. shiftywxm macrumors member

I've had to return my royal blue nylon band because it wasn't locking in properly. Seemed like the centre pin was installed the wrong way around.

5. dead_smed macrumors member

dead_smed

shiftywxm, did they offer you a replacement that fixed the problem?

6. shiftywxm macrumors member

No, I've just put in a return for refund request and taken it back to the same UPS access point I picked it up from.

7. JarScott macrumors 68040

JarScott

Gotta say I'm disappointed with these nylon straps. I was hoping they'd look more like the Daniel Wellington NATO straps, I hacked one of those a few months a go to work with my Watch but I was hoping for something official. Although I think the new leather colours are awesome, lots of variety now! [​IMG]

8. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard