O2 existing Customers, How Was It?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nicolasdec, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Nicolasdec macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

So, O2 existing Customers how was the activation prossess on your brand new iphone? Did it ask you for you bank details or was it very simple. Please tell me the steps and the information it asked you..... :):)

2. slaguru macrumors newbie

Cant say. getting store is busy try again later... Thats o2 for you !!!

3. Nicolasdec thread starter macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

HEHE, They only care about getting new customers they dont care about the existing ones..... :)

4. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

Didnt ask me for any bank details.
    Unboxing to activation took no more than 5 mins.

I dont have my normal number yet, I have a temporary one. But I guess it'll take a few days to port that across.

5. Nicolasdec thread starter macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

What info did it ask you??

6. Jebaloo macrumors 6502

I'm just syncing now. I'm an O2 pay as you go customer. Transferring process took 5 minutes - Actually, it took so long I was concerned!

I've been given a temporary number and have been sent an e-mail saying that it may take up to 5 days to transfer my number over.

Seems strange, being an O2 customer and all - let's hope it's just an over estimation, and will actually happen tonight or tomorrow morning perhaps.

Edit= I was asked for bank details, e-mail address, .mac username, and address.

7. Nicolasdec thread starter macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

Thats probably because you were a Pay as you Go. Im a pay monthly customer.:)

8. sneeks macrumors 6502a

I cannot get it to complete activation, store is busy :mad:

9. Nicolasdec thread starter macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

After its done, Please post how it was....

10. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

Old phone number
    What tarrif I want
    apple ID.

that was it.

11. Nicolasdec thread starter macrumors 65816

Nicolasdec

Cool, Thanks. Why do you think it needs the Apple ID???

12. nebsta macrumors member

Just activated without any problems! I entered my O2 number and my AppleID and it brought up my existing O2 account details, upgraded to the new tariff and am syncing now.

13. sneeks macrumors 6502a

Hasn't asked me to complete a credit check. looks like it simply modifies my existing account.

14. Project macrumors 68020

15. spinstorm macrumors 65816

I thought if you were an existing O2 customer you had to pay £199-£269 (depending on who you ask) to transfer your number over?

Or were you all upgrading and not just transfering it over?

16. jagardner1984 macrumors newbie

Very easy really, i was activated within five minutes of connecting the iPhone.

Voicemail seems to be playing up - but will try again in a few hours.

Whilst I am here - I use Google Video heavily, and so obviously the lack of flash is a problem - However I have discovered a bit of a workaround - clicking the download for iPod link to the right seems to fool it into thinking it is streaming media, and off it plays, just like a youtube video in the youtube application.

Sorry this might be old news but I was pleased with myself!

17. R.Youden macrumors 68020

R.Youden

It depends when your current contract started. If it was before 18th September then you don't have to pay anything, after the 18th then you will have to pay £269.

18. iDanielbk macrumors member

For the iTunes Wi-Fi Store

19. studentmac macrumors regular

I was the first in line at my local o2 store. Was a very good atmosphere and very professional. Got home at about half six and activation was very quick, probably 3 mins in total. I was an o2 pay and go user, and have a temp number while they transfer mine.

This thing is amazing!!

20. spinstorm macrumors 65816

For those of you that are EXISTING O2 customers - did you have to pay anything (if so how much) and what was your situation?

I am curious to know what has actually been happening so I would appreciate some more info.

That and the fact I bought a UK iPhone and I just got a new O2 contract so I am considering my current position!

21. ibanana macrumors 6502

i'm existing O2 online customer. Activation was so quick and smooth i was amazed. haven't been asked about account number or card details: just my existing phone number, then they text me a code to enter in the next screen, then i've confirmed some stuff and that's it, Smooooooth !!

have to add that my number was transfered straight away as i received a call during the sync process, i was so surprised !!! so no bank account details, no temp number, great activation process. I've bought from O2 liverpool street, waited 1h30, been 5th in the queue, welcomed by champagne and smiles, excellent experience.

22. The Phazer macrumors 68030

I was an existing O2 retail pay monthly customer, but I hadn't had a new phone for about two years - worked like a doddle, didn't have to pay any extra, just the money for the phone in the O2 shop.

Phazer

23. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Mine activated fine although iTunes crashed the first time. I can't send sms messages yet but hopefully that'll sort itself out by tomorrow.

24. ne0star macrumors regular

the process for an existing customer is very easy and took minutes. It asks u for your number, and then sends a txt to that number with a pin code. It asks for an apple I'd, and then what tarrif u want. Very slick process.

25. eenu macrumors 65816

eenu

mine ported in 30 seconds