Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
Dunno if this has been posted, if so mods delete.

O2 has increased the number of minutes and SMSs on each iPhone tariff. Starting from Feb 1st. Details here

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    32.7 KB · Views: 1,003

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
That makes a very big difference in my book and the iPhone is now a much more attractive package in the UK. As soon as it gets 3G....pounce! :)

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Holy crap, that's more like it!

I still wish they had something like the old minutes/text allowance at £25, but this is a step in the right direction.

FireArse

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2004
wow

This is big news. I'm going to have a think about this unlocked Phone now....

F

Manic Mouse

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2006
That's brilliant. Utterly fantastic. The iPhone is actually a reasonable purchase now!

I'm getting one!

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
Blimey! That is a nice change.

What is the current tariiff? Is it 200 texts? How many minutes.

Do have the iphone but can't remember what I get! :-s

Piarco

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2004
Londinium
Brilliant! 1200 minutes!! Sweeeeet! I'd also like to see what the reduced roaming rates are as I'm going to be in and out of country a fair bit this year. If its resonable, it looks like I could switch data roaming back on... :D

Great find daneoni!

robpow

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2007
And for those of us who aren't married to our phones it would have been nice to have a 'bolt-off' (how come they never offer that eh!?) where you could trade some of the new 600 minutes/500 texts back for a discount instead.... ;)

Oh-es-Ten

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2007
London
Great!

As a very happy iPhone user on the £35 plan, I am really happy with that.

The only thing is that I was not using even the 200 mins or texts. I am really going to have to start calling everyone all the time and bombarding people with texts...

This should silence a lot of critics though - although it does perhaps show that O2 want to push more sales whether this is due to not enough sales, who knows...

Malcster

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2005
Bristol, UK
Great! very pleased i chose the £35 option now :D

Certainly an indication that uk iphone sales aren't up to par at the moment though. This will definitely give them a shove in the right direction!

Project

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2005
Great! very pleased i chose the £35 sales now :D

Certainly an indication that uk iphone sales aren't up to par at the moment though. This will definitely give them a shove in the right direction!

Not necessarily, as they have also improved Simplicity and Bolt-ons. It appears to be better offers across the line. If they improved Simplicity tariffs and left the iPhone ones as they were, it would be pretty embarrassing.

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
This is fantastic news. £35 is the sweet spot for mobile phone tariffs in the UK. O2's iPhone tariff at that price point now represents real value, and with the unlimited data the whole package suddenly looks very attractive. Sales of the iPhone in the UK should undergo at least a moderate surge in February in response to this move.

I wonder if Apple has had anything to do with this? Perhaps they have revised their revenue cut in exchange for the saving being injected directly into the tariffs.

Whatever has happened, it's overdue, and I'm glad somebody has realised that 'rip off Britain' doesn't mean we'll just bend over and take it.

Malcster

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2005
Bristol, UK
Not necessarily, as they have also improved Simplicity and Bolt-ons. It appears to be better offers across the line. If they improved Simplicity tariffs and left the iPhone ones as they were, it would be pretty embarrassing.

Ah ok, hadn't noticed that, real shame they didn't start out this good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.