O2 shipping second wave of online orders

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by neiltc13, Jul 15, 2008.

1. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Just got an email from O2 saying that my iPhone 3G (ordered at 2.45pm from the Failover page) has now shipped. The DHL tracking number is doing nothing at the moment though.

I'm an upgrade customer moving from a first generation iPhone and I'm taking the new £30p/m contract.

2. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

Congrats! I'm refreshing like a woman possessed but still in effing progress. I swear if I never see that phrase again in my lifetime...

Also a 2 o'clock failover victim. :rolleyes:

Edit: at 2.26pm so I should have been first LOL

3. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

Great for those that managed to get an order through. I filled that form in about 2PMish, but I've not got an order through. I did get a phone call from my credit card company wanting to confirm that a 160£ payment to O2 wasn't fraudulent. When I get my next bill I'll probably been charged for it, but never receive it. Maybe stores will be getting another delivery soon. Have you got an ETA?

4. MacMalv macrumors regular

am i the only person who ordered properly at 8.46 in the morning who hasnt got my iPhone yet. I might ring O2 to check my order is alright. I have had all my emails and stuff, but my staus still says in progress.

5. 03sho macrumors 6502a

Wow your kidding me right?

That's ridiculous. Ordered mine 12.40 and got mine on friday.

First come first serve my arse.

6. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

Can't hurt to ring. I never even got an email, just a text to say my order was successful.

Wish they'd get a blardy move on.

7. MacMalv macrumors regular

Im really annoyed, cos i bet they mucked up my order, but havnt bothered to tell me. I will give them a ring tomorrow and find out the details.

8. niconummberfour macrumors newbie

I'm in the same boat. My screenshot of order number says 08.25 on the Monday morning, I know it was before 08.30 'cos I was trying to complete the order without making my daughter late for school!!!!

So much for first come first served. I'm still 'in progress' on the website too. I can't be bothered to ring O2, if it doesn't turn-p this week (which is looking unlikely as they seem to have started shipping) then, I'm going to cancel and go to a apple store and pick one up there. It will probably be quicker in the long run.

This process has been a shambles from start to finish!

9. neiltc13 thread starter macrumors 68040

neiltc13

I'm just glad they're finally sending me one given that I am an existing customer who has been paying them £35 per month since last November.

10. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

Mine's completed now too. At last!

Hope everyone else's are on their way and hopefully we can put this ridiculousness behind us! :)

11. quinnyistop macrumors newbie

12. andyhofer macrumors member

No you're not, I ordered at 8.40am and still haven't received my iPhone, decided to cancel yesterday and went to the Apple store in Solihull where they had loads left. Bagged a white 16Gb

13. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

I know we're re-treading old ground here but were you a new customer? I'm trying to think of a way to change my black for white. Am hoping that taking my sealed black unit to the AS and asking to swap it for white might work. Otherwise my husband is getting a new iPhone that he doesn't know he wants! :D

How long did everyone's take to arrive once their order said completed?

14. andyhofer macrumors member

Yes, I was a new customer...

15. quinnyistop macrumors newbie

finally arrived!!! lets all forget about black monday now!!!!!

16. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

Good one, enjoy :)

Mine's out for delivery. The depot is about 15 minutes away so I'll probably get mine last knockings tonight :rolleyes:

17. MacMalv macrumors regular

mines out for delivery. the depot is about an hour away so i will probably get it sometime in august. :D

18. AndyMulhearn macrumors member

I've just been informed that because O2 are stocking the stores ahead of online sales, my order they took on the 7th of this month may not be fulfilled for up to 4 weeks because they have to have stock for people to buy in the shops.

Now that sounds disgraceful to me. They have my money and an agreed order, and I presume a lot of other people in this position, and they're prioritising new sales rather than fulfilling outstanding orders :mad:

19. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

How did you find out?
    Telephone or email?
    Because if true that is outrageous.

20. AndyMulhearn macrumors member

I phoned this am to check to see if my order was still valid; made the point that taking my money and not delivering the goods was a very bad thing. The guy I spoke to called me back and told me this, as in it could be up to 2 to 4 weeks.

21. kevuwk macrumors newbie

mine is out for delivery today, leaving work early hoping i don't have to try and find the depot if i miss the delivery :(

22. AndyMulhearn macrumors member

I got an email from o2 today asking for my proof of ID information. Which came as something of a surprise as I had phoned it all through last tuesday.

Turns out that when I thought I gave someone at O2 my details, I was dreaming. That or hey never updated post the check so there is apparently an iPhone in the warehouse waiting for me with my name on it.

I'm still seething.:mad:

23. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

I can't bear this hanging around. I've got a small baby crawling round creating havoc and we're both desperate for baths that we daren't have in case we miss the delivery. They could at least give you an idea of am or pm. I hate sitting in all day.

Do they tolerate bad language on this forum? I have sworn more in the last week than ever before! Apple and o2 have made a complete pig's ear of this. They should have let us do it online - we know what we're doing after all which is more than can be said for either of them. There have been so many wasted hours on the phone/website, wasted days sitting in waiting for invisible parcels...queueing in stock-less shops and all the while Apple are sitting on a load of them. Makes me want to give up on Apple for good. But, they know full well that we won't so they have the power :D

AARRGGHH!!! :mad::mad::mad:

OK, and breathe...:cool:

24. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

? You gave PROOF of ID over the phone? AFAIK know proof would be like showing your passport, driving liscence etc.

25. AndyMulhearn macrumors member

Yep. For some reason all they need is a drivers licence or passport number and a credit card number they can bill a small charge to. No need to show or anything.

It's done now and apparently the phone can be released and shipped. But I won't believe that until it's in my grubby mitts.